trombones and french horns

BD's version: https://youtu.be/iPtN5eCi9i8

Their's are silver plated.

TTTT

Th

They win the prettiest most blending trombones so far this year. They also win most glissando, as that's not the only section of the show that has them.

• Like 1

Something about too much glissando…it becomes unmusical, a gimmick and we get it, it’s a trombone, we know they can do that...they maybe newer to DCI but most of us have heard them most of our lives, get over it, we are

I’d say after the second glissando, subtract Music GE points because nothing reeks like a 10 year old hyper-active 1st year trombone player more than a glissando assault

• Like 1

Something about too much glissando…it becomes unmusical, a gimmick and we get it, it’s a trombone, we know they can do that...they maybe newer to DCI but most of us have heard them most of our lives, get over it, we are

I’d say after the second glissando, subtract Music GE points because nothing reeks like a 10 year old hyper-active 1st year trombone player more than a glissando assault

Wait'll we hear the 1st year " buglers " with their portamentos ( haha!). I'm ready for the DCI summer marching bands as most of them are still far more enjoyable to me than a lot of the scholastic ones.

• 1 month later...

does anyone know who ISNT using trombones this year?

Couchmen. In fact, I don't think they've even ordered their horns yet.

• Like 2

im makin something and need to pick one drum corps that isnt using trombones. I havent heard anything on phantom, blue knights, or crossmen using them, can anyone confirm or deny?

Edited by LordLulz

I don't know what's more jarring: the sight of trombones, or their gold color. The rest, or at least much, of the horn line remains silver.

If I were on the Cadets staff ...

Private reason: It will be easier to resell the brass lacquer trombones to school concert band programs than the silver-plated versions

Public reason: the color of the trombones, which initiate the call to awakening, matches the bodysuits which the guard reveal once they have awakened. They are replaced by the silver-plated baritones to match the final guard costume when they return to stone.

• Like 1

im makin something and need to pick one drum corps that isnt using trombones. I havent heard anything on phantom, blue knights, or crossmen using them, can anyone confirm or deny?

Phantom is not using them. Neither is SCV.

• Like 1