So who will fall?

Let's be real, the top five are a given... Buuuuuut there is a chance someone can sneak in and steal a spot.

Crown

Blue Devils

Bloo

Cadets

Vanguard

Is it possible for BK/Cavies/Phantom/other to steal one of those spots? And who will leave the top 5?

My vote is on Blue Knights. Who will fall? Has to be Bloo or Vanguard... Only based on the fact that I haven't seen their shows yet.

I think the most likely to fall at least 2 spots would be Phantom Regiment. Crown, and Blue Devils. A 4th place finish for Crown would not be disastrous...for Blue Devils, panic might set in...but a bronze for Concord would be overdue.

I think the top 4 will be the same top 4 as last year...these corps are so good, that the Finals scoring ends up being "who has the best show design". I don't think any of these corps will fall out of the top 4...but Crown may be likely to go from 2nd to 4th and Blue Devils are due for a bronze medal for once, which I see coming.

I don't think SCV will crash the party this season.

Phantom from 7th to 9th or worse is a big possibility. I

Cavs from 9th to 11th...not even gonna go there....don't think it's gonna happen.

Boston from 10th to 12th or worse...could happen.

If some corps rise, then some have to fall. Just pure speculation. Sorry i advance if you took offense to my subjective opinions about what I think might happen even though it's really all just BS. Nobody will know until August.

Boston from 10th to 12th or worse...could happen.

This is NOT going to happen...I will eat Crow if it does...but your opinion here just confirms both of your pre-season predictions of Boston being in 12th or 13th...So there aren't any surprises here by your comments...at least you are consistent...and I'm not taking offense...just letting you know MY opinion in this matter.

• Like 2

Let's be real, the top five are a given... Buuuuuut there is a chance someone can sneak in and steal a spot.

Crown

Blue Devils

Bloo

Cadets

Vanguard

Is it possible for BK/Cavies/Phantom/other to steal one of those spots? And who will leave the top 5?

My vote is on Blue Knights. Who will fall? Has to be Bloo or Vanguard... Only based on the fact that I haven't seen their shows yet.

I think all 8 will be in the top 5 this year. :huh2:

• Like 5

I don't see major tumbles this year. I think we will see a Blue Devil's threepeat. I don't think they will be untouchable but folks I spoke with from BD at Tanglewood last summer claimed they marched the youngest corps in recent years, which for me equals experienced veterans.

I think Crown is in for a great season. I don't see them falling.

I need to see Bluecoats and Blue Knights. Bloo lost quite a few vets, including their dynamic drum major. Many of the vets marched three and four years. That has to hurt. We need more than one season in the top seven to determine if Blue Knights have found a new home in the top seven. For Bloo, top five yes, top three maybe. Blue Knights, six or seven.

SCV no higher than 4th, no lower than 6th.

Cadets: they'll amaze some, infuriate others, and GH's comments will cause a great deal of chatter on DCP, Facebook, and in the stands. Will they fall? No lower than fifth, but most likely they will be in the top three.

The big slugfest could be between Phantom, Madison, Cavies, and BAC. If Cavies fall, this will be their last year of decline. Lots of folks have Phantom falling, but phantom can be surprising. Last year they were going to tumble and preseason in 2012 Phantom was going to fall, opera does not work in drum corps and "Nesum Dorma" was rehashing the past were major reasons but they had a phenomenal season. While staffing has changed since that time, I just think we write off Phantom too easily. BAC and Madison have received huge hype and praise from supporters, less so from the wider DCP community. For Madison, some see the show as too close to their iconic 1999 show, for BAC lots of people seem to love throwing them under the bus. Madison may have the bigger challenge in my opinion. In general darker shows have a hard time as the season progresses. SCV in 2011, BAC in 2014, and Blue Stars in 2015 come to mind. For BAC, I do see potential in their musical book and it has a 2011 and 2012 feel to it, which could work well for them. I think the visual show could be surprising. I'd love to see them place higher, I do not see them placing lower or falling from finals.

Blue Stars and Crossmen are potentially in danger, but it depends on what Troopers, Colts, Academy, and perhaps OC bring to the table. In the end, I expect to see the same top twelve for a third year with somewhat similar placements.

Edited by Tim K

Not having seen any shows yet I don't think Cavies will fall. I didn't see their show last year, but 2014 they were looking up and seemed to have a good future, Last year they were hit with a virus 2 weeks before finals and in my opinion that made them lose momentum and I still don't think they were back up to par for finals. I mised seeing them at ATL because of that virus so I couldn't give them good mojo to finish up the season last year.

This is NOT going to happen...I will eat Crow if it does...but your opinion here just confirms both of your pre-season predictions of Boston being in 12th or 13th...So there aren't any surprises here by your comments...at least you are consistent...and I'm not taking offense...just letting you know MY opinion in this matter.

I agree with you, and I do not think you will have to eat crow, but as someone who has had to eat crow in the past based on predictions, KFC counts as crow,

• Like 1