Stanford Showdown - DCI West

I think SCVs show is nice, not getting the "show of the year" comments and all the amazement.

BF, Bloo, and Crown are definitely better to me.

Edited by cadet93
  • Like 1

Totally unfinished, some visual dirt I wasn't expecting ensemble wise, and I still do not like their drill (notice I didn't say it isn't hard, because wow they are hauling it) but wow they are good.

Not seeing much of the Tempest right now, but I am 100% certain that will change.

• Like 1

I normally don't like BD - certainly not on first viewing - but I GET THIS SHOW...for the most part anyway, and I'm really digging it so far. Wow.

I feel like you just want to start arguments with people that disagree with you...

Anyway. Did the guard abandon the Shakespeare face on the uni?

On the contrary.

I simply expressed an opinion. Others decided to argue.

I like this BD show a lot more than INK. It's kind of sterile right now, though. Really rough on both the musical and visual side, so I think it's going to feel very different when they get it cleaned up. That's happened a lot with me with this corps over the past 5 years.

I think I actually prefer SCV and Crown to them right now.

And I'm still curious if the judges will reward the paradigm-busting NoCoats at the first regional.

It's going to be a really interesting season.

• Like 1

I enjoyed that! I can see it doing very well. I can also see them adding a ton of stuff into it.

I didn't say they did. I said those corps have moved on to a very different type of drill. A more exciting, entertaining drill.

More exciting, entertaining DRILL?

Hardly!

Different? Yes.

Very few people are in the same League as Gaines. Sorry, you must be very young to make that statement.

• Like 2

Ballad is good. But the whole show just seems like Ink 2 to me in terms of writing, drill, and overall feel.

Very true in many ways. During the silent counts before the last chord, I expected to hear "I wish". Literally exactly the same.

• Like 1