Any lock for Top 3?

Technically, Cadets are catching up with the top of the field, not Bluecoats. Until this week, Cadets was probably performing no better than sixth, maybe even lower. We are just comparing Coats with Cadets because they have performed a disproportionate number of the shows together.

Right now, Cadets is no doubt worried about Cadets, not the other corps, and that is why they are improving. Did anyone really believe Cadets was going to finish three points behind any of the top six corps?

As the scores rise, the margins between the top corps are going to decrease. It's simple math.

Yes^

And they will flex with different numbers of competitors from night to night.

MikeRapp speaks the truth.

😉

I know.

I get it. The Bluecoats have done exactly what you are talking about more than most in recent years.

But I'm curious to see if the addition of the third wheel in this east coast race plays a role in any sort of transformation of that 2 party spread.

We often think about cautiously comparing scores across separate shows, but there is the same dynamic to be found in comparing reduced competition to a wider field.

The first regional will confirm or destroy some of our suspicions.

But I'm sticking to my point that any projection of a top 3 (at this point) that doesn't include the Bluecoats (given both current scores and recent history) is mind boggling.

Yup. But this thread is asking for a lock. I don't think we have one.

Technically, Cadets are catching up with the top of the field, not Bluecoats. Until this week, Cadets was probably performing no better than sixth, maybe even lower. We are just comparing Coats with Cadets because they have performed a disproportionate number of the shows together.

Right now, Cadets is no doubt worried about Cadets, not the other corps, and that is why they are improving. Did anyone really believe Cadets was going to finish three points behind any of the top six corps?

As the scores rise, the margins between the top corps are going to decrease. It's simple math.

How were they lower than sixth when they just beat cavaliers head to head by a very good spread? They were 1.5 ahead of them in Indy and then grew that. So behind BD, Crown, Coats is 4th. If you say they are or were behind SCV that would be 5th.

I personally think they may end up challenging for a medal, but possibly not.

But they aren't lower than sixth and frankly I'd say it's close to a lock they won't. A top 3 horn and drum score gets you 4th in most cases

A lot of this is just people getting ahead of the data we actually have

In San Antonio we will know more...

Edited by George Dixon

BD is of course a lock now every year to take one of the medals spots. This then leaves one of the great Corps this season of Crown, Cadets, Bluecoats, out of the medals, as 4 into 3 won't go, no matter the New Math they use today.

As in how many times does 4 go into 3? Actually 4 goes into 3 is 3/4 times.

I just re-watched the current top 6 shows as a basis for my opinion below. With that said, the current caption trends below represent my conclusions on where the placement trend is heading for captions in order by corps:

Brass: Crown, BD, SCV, Cadets, Bluecoats, Cavaliers

Percussion: Cadets, Bluecoats, BD, Crown, SCV, Cavaliers

Visual Ex: BD, Crown, Cavaliers, Bluecoats (I know people may not agree with this placement, but there drill is not nearly as good as their last two seasons and is lacking compared to the corps in front of it), SCV, Cadets

Visual Guard: Crown, BD, SCV, Bluecoats, Cavaliers, Cadets (Cadets Guard has the most room to grow in my opinion)

Visual GE: Crown, BD, Bluecoats, SCV, Cavaliers, Cadets

Music GE: BD, Crown, Bluecoats, SCV, Cadets, Cavaliers

My preliminary conclusion is simply an educated guess at best, of which is based on my analysis of each show to date. I believe the Atlanta show will confirm the truth and I suspect rankings will look like the following:

1. Crown / BD

2. BD / Crown

3. Bluecoats / SCV

4. SCV / Bluecoats

5. Cadets / Cavaliers

6. Cavaliers / Cadets

It pisses me off every year that INT is slotted.

At every show I'm at, INT is chock full of p..... rs.

As in how many times does 4 go into 3? Actually 4 goes into 3 is 3/4 times.

Well if thats the case, maybe one of the Corps will get themselves 3/ 4ths of a medal. DCI will just cut that sucker off at the nub a bit.

Edited by BRASSO

Well i hope that doesn't happen considering i just bought my house 4 years ago here in SoCal lol. Luckily i have Allstate but Mayhem never mentioned Global warming lol.

Global warming & cooling has been occurring for millions of years. It occurred before humans walked the earth & will occur after humans walk the earth.

Edited by FlamMan