Mantology in Mankato - 6 July 2016, Mankato, MN

A single judge can really impact a score iif they are on GE. Raw scores contribute right to the total. (Which is the rationale behind 4 GE judges at regionals).

And inexperienced judges should not be put on GE. It takes a very skilled judge to understand all the elements that go into the design of a show that can make it effective. And drummers should NEVER be GE judges...they're the worst...lol.

• Like 1

And inexperienced judges should not be put on GE. It takes a very skilled judge to understand all the elements that go into the design of a show that can make it effective. And drummers should NEVER be GE judges...they're the worst...lol.

lol

I would post a review, but some people get incredibly butthurt if you don't include every corps.

I'll say this: the crowd seemed way more massive than prior years. Also: experiencing Crown at Blakeslee Stadium (on the side one 40) was a top 5 spectator moment for me. I can't understate how intimate it is as a venue.

I would love to see more corps at this show. Beautiful natural field. Tons of warmup spots. Decent campus. Unique stadium. I hope they expand the stadium capacity someday.

• Like 2

I would post a review, but some people get incredibly butthurt if you don't include every corps.

I'll say this: the crowd seemed way more massive than prior years. Also: experiencing Crown at Blakeslee Stadium (on the side one 40) was a top 5 spectator moment for me. I can't understate how intimate it is as a venue.

I would love to see more corps at this show. Beautiful natural field. Tons of warmup spots. Decent campus. Unique stadium. I hope they expand the stadium capacity someday.

go ahead and post 'em. i dont think anybody will mind it.

and that looks like a really cool place to experience a show.

It's true right? If they can't hear the pit every second of the show or read a particular hybrid rudiment coming from the battery they get all bent outta shape...lol.

dont get me started on drummers.

they're a little....positive...in their thinking.

and more dramatic than a room full of guard instructors!

Edited by corpsband

And drummers should NEVER be GE judges...they're the worst...lol.

I would say Glenn Fugett is a pretty good GE judge. I'm a tad biased though

Edited by RPK
  • Like 1

dont get me started on drummers.

they're a little....positive...in their thinking.

and more dramatic than a room full of guard instructors!

Hahaha...soooo true. And they think they are the best at numbers management. Whatever...lol. You gotta have people who understand show design judging GE. Keep drummers judging drums and all will be right with the world...lol.