Drum Majors Milking Applause...

@cappybara

It just feels ingenuine when the DM milks the spotlight simply because they can.

Do you feel the same way about PR's DM?

No. I'm talking about the unrehearsed, unplanned limelight stuff.

Look I'm not trying to start a heated debate about something so minuscule. It's just something that's been bothering me and I wanted to see if anyone else felt the same.

No. I'm talking about the unrehearsed, unplanned limelight stuff.

Look I'm not trying to start a heated debate about something so minuscule. It's just something that's been bothering me and I wanted to see if anyone else felt the same.

It's pageantry, it's all for the sake of performance, I hope it's just you.

What I don't understand is this.

Parents have 100% access to their children's grades. In real time. The instant I type in a grade for any assignment, they can see it.

So why do they love to get in touch with me 2 days before the end of the school year to see if they can get the 39% little Johnny has up to a 95%?

• Like 3

What I don't understand is this.

Parents have 100% access to their children's grades. In real time. The instant I type in a grade for any assignment, they can see it.

So why do they love to get in touch with me 2 days before the end of the school year to see if they can get the 39% little Johnny has up to a 95%?

Perhaps they only care about the end result and don't think about it until it's right in front of them. Edited by ComeHomeShane

Sup dcp. I've been away for a while. Back with a new profile. Some of you will know who I am. Anyways...

It seems like DMs are really taking their time with the whole smile-and-wave thing after the salute. I've noticed it gradually getting worse, but this year it seems like every DM has their own shtick. BD DM with his hair thing and then shako fake out is the worst one. Is it just me or is it bothering anyone else too? Just salute, turn around, and go.

Well, then you probably wont like this video from the stone age (or at least the 2-valve G bugle age). One of the best DM's ever, Jim Russo with the 1977 Hawthorne Caballeros (yes I know it is DCA but again, This, Sir, is a Drum Major)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rSrfoE5lCE

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

Now Trooopers' DM joining the awards lineup, however . . .

Remember BITD when DM's tried to be the last one to arrive 'front & center'? When we were at retreat & they would call for the DMs, ours would then decide it was time to come back & see if we all were doing ok before heading out.

Troopers, however, were considered the best at this.

• Like 1