Huntsville Harmonometer

Cadets:

WOW! WHAT A SHOW! Changes are very good and add more to the program. That brass is definitely going to challenge for best at finals. Show is a lot more clear with the new added visuals. Guard is now very strong and never saw a weapon drop tonight. Just beautiful!

Glad to see you like the changes, I'm really excited to see how this show progresses.

Cadets:

WOW! WHAT A SHOW! Changes are very good and add more to the program. That brass is definitely going to challenge for best at finals. Show is a lot more clear with the new added visuals. Guard is now very strong and never saw a weapon drop tonight. Just beautiful!

Very much looking forward to hearing about those changes. Always knew the staff had the building blocks, just needed to put them together for a heavy hitting show.

Have a very interesting observation about the Cadets changes and discussion about them I am saving for when I see the show next week, twice, from two different vantage points.

Oh stop it DrumManTx with your teasing. :dry::wow::poke:

• Like 1

Bluecoats:

Good show, but SYNTHESIZERS DO NOT COUNT AS BRASS. The synth was way too loud, especially the ending chord. Visually, they'll win tonight. Loved the drill and guard, just beautiful! that'll be the caption that causes a larger gap between them and the cadets. Have some issues with the music, again, because of the synth stuff, they have great brass that don't need to be backed by a synth!

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 1

Bluecoats:

Good show, but SYNTHESIZERS DO NOT COUNT AS BRASS. The synth was way too loud, and I have a feeling that that'll boost music scores. Visually, they'll win tonight. Loved the drill and guard, just beautiful! that'll be the caption that causes a larger gap between them and the cadets. Have some issues with the music because of the synth stuff, they have great brass that don't need to be backed by a synth!

Bluecoats' brass is phenomenal. Anyone listening to their in-the-lot videos knows that. The hornline could easily stand on its own against Crown, BD, and Cadets. But I agree, I also wish they relied less on amplification and synths, it's doing a disservice to the members as a whole in my opinion. But they are their own niche and I commend them for exploring.

• Like 2