Drenched in DeKalb

Thanks for scoping..... Can you scope Blooo???? PLEASE!!

Mike Duckett periscoping all the shows so far! Good seats too, check it pu

Looks like he's on the 22 yardline - @Highwaydude is also scoping from the 46, and lower down - but looks like his was only a partial of SCV's show

I'm still trying to enjoy BD this year. Having trouble getting over the choppy arrangements which to me (apart from the ballad) feels like an incidental music underscore, jumping from one effect to the next. This is probably the intent but it's not satisfying for my tastes. Visually the depth of field is so reduced by the props (again by design - probably going for a more intimate feeling space to emphasize the theatrical vibe) that the corps seems to always be moving left or right. I think they are getting the effect they are going for though and the judges will likely approve - just not digging it myself yet.

:blink: Incidental music. There's one I haven't heard.

this will be my first read of Crown actually.

SCV really put together an imaginative show. There are some really nice ideas in their program, and the first movement may be my favorite of the season.

That said, this is a corps that needs a stronger visual presence. They have the talent and experience, but compared to the other elite corps, they are not able to establish themselves as a medalist. Wow they can play and march! Beautiful musical book.

• Like 2

Agreed with the "choppy" feeling.

My biggest complaint about BD is the trombones. Most corps have used them for timbre and for useful effect. A good portion of the usage from BD is just for glissandos. I really have come to expect art and perfection from them, not 5th grade trombone beginner class sound effects :/

Loving Vanguard this season. Vastly improved show design