Drenched in DeKalb

It is always nice to see a civil response on DCP. Thanks!

Ditto.

If I was going to show someone who didn't know anything about drum corps one corps, it would be BD. I have unending respect for their organization. Just do not like this program at all, it feels very contrived.

Now I know a lot of people have accused them of this in the past, and imo it was mostly sour grapes. Felliniesque still blows me away. When I need a creative jolt, I watch the encore showing of Ink. But this show, I honestly wouldn't see it twice. Just feels like it's a set of compulsory routines.

• Like 2

Heh. Periscoping BK with a standard phone from fairly up the stands really emphasizes that 'one legged corps' look.

Sorry, I just don't see it.

Loved Ink, loved Felliniesque. This show is just emotionless to me. Polite applause. I know all the BD honks will come after me, so bring it on, but this show feels so routine to me.

Still waiting to see this one live but I loved those two shows! Hopefully this one is up there with those ones for me.

• Like 1

Felliniesque was a favorite of mine for BD. Definitely deserved to win. Seeing the videos, I think I'll like this show. I like the melodies in the music as well as some of the "edgier" parts where there is definite turmoil. I see emotion in the show and the color guard looks so good. I won't get to see them until Allentown so I can't wait. Not sure why they aren't at the TOC in Chester. They were there last year.

• Like 1

BD's show sounding more aggressive, which I love. Feeling more BD. Guard did not have a good night at all. That new flag feature is cool but gosh is it dirty.

Minority opinion on BK - I... love it? Abstract and unexpected and weirdly gorgeous. I'm rooting for them to do really well this season.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

People forget how much BD evolve and add to their shows towards the end. Ink was flat for me until Indi, and the last minute additions brought it all together for me and made it one of my favorite BD programs ever.

• Like 2

People forget how much BD evolve and add to their shows towards the end. Ink was flat for me until Indi, and the last minute additions brought it all together for me and made it one of my favorite BD programs ever.

The same thought crossed my mind. I see a lot of potential in this show.

• Like 1

The BD show is a design masterpiece. I can't get enough of it!

A couple of new enhancements tonight: they painted the x-bracing on the props black so when they turn them around, it is a cleaner stage to deliver the horn players that are perched inside them. New drum slips are split half and half between blue and red, so they change colors when they pivot in different directions.

The bit with the flags seeming to spin themselves in the middle of the props still has a few bugs to work out, but that is as fun an effect as the rifles tossing up and down the ladders last year.

Guard didn't seem to have their best run tonight. Weird schedule today and gearing up for a show that didn't happen last night probably had some effect.

• Like 1