Drenched in DeKalb

I've said it before, BD's show just doesn't do anything for me minus the ballad. However, They're still really #### good. Not every show is liked by everyone. However, I will say that BD's performance levels, whether I like the show or not, are phenomenal and THAT I CAN appreciate!

No question. They do get the kids to perform at a high level.

I've said it before, BD's show just doesn't do anything for me minus the ballad. However, They're still really #### good. Not every show is liked by everyone. However, I will say that BD's performance levels, whether I like the show or not, are phenomenal and THAT I CAN appreciate!

Pretty much how I feel about every Blue Devils show since 2007. They're good at what they do, but the shows themselves don't do anything for me. Even last year. Impressive performance, but you just sorta...watch it and it's just there.

Pretty much how I feel about every Blue Devils show since 2007. They're good at what they do, but the shows themselves don't do anything for me. Even last year. Impressive performance, but you just sorta...watch it and it's just there.

That's interesting. In terms of emotion, I think the only corps that came close to achieving the same emotional response out of me that BD did was Crown and BK.

• Like 1

This video from Thursday night rehearsal featuring BD with no pit or electronics tells you all you need to know

Literally zero weaknesses IMO

• Like 3

I'm preemptively saying it now before any scores are announced: I'm taking any scores from TOC shows with a grain of salt.

I like this approach. I will do the same and blame BD going on first if their score is not to my liking, and I will conveniently overlook the fact that BD has won this show from the first spot several times. Likewise, if BD wins I will declare the race for gold over, just to get the board riled up.

• Like 6

That's interesting. In terms of emotion, I think the only corps that came close to achieving the same emotional response out of me that BD did was Crown and BK.

Last years show INK did a far better job at getting some sort of emotion out of me. Not as much as other shows such as Crown and BK and to be honest even Oregon Crusaders. INK is the closest I've come to actually liking a BD show since probably 2007ish.

Edited by DasTuba

I'd take a BD show like 1993 (the show was literally just them marching and playing the music of Don Ellis) in terms of emotional response over 2015 any day of the week. It's all about the actual musical content, arrangement, and pacing. Edited by Hrothgar15

I like this approach. I will do the same and blame BD going on first if their score is not to my liking, and I will conveniently overlook the fact that BD has won this show from the first spot several times. Likewise, if BD wins I will declare the race for gold over, just to get the board riled up.

that's an excellent strategy - I admire it! Coy, cool and calculated :)

• Like 2