Music City Masterpiece - Nashville Show Thread

I don't think it really is supposed to be anything more than that ['This section is about Caliban."]. BD's shows don't really ever follow a storyline. Instead, they try to bring out the essence of their theme/inspiration onto the football field in the most immersive way possible. I guess Ink loosely had a storyline, but it really was simply a compilation of fairytales

I'm certainly not looking for a story. I loved, for instance, the structure of the BOA show that William Mason did last fall based on "West Side Story", which used only one song from WSS ("Somewhere") at the beginning and end, with most of the show consisting of four other pieces of music that were only there to suggest moods or themes: "Mars" to imply conflict; "Young Person's Guide" to evoke, well, youth; "A Time for Us" to provide romance; and the finale from Tchaikovsky's fourth symphony to deliver fate.

But "This section is about Caliban" is actually less interesting than, say, "the bestial aspect of mankind", which is really what Caliban is about. BD is only slightly bringing that across. For me, anyway.

(The story aspect of "Ink" was poorly done. I saw that show live, from just below the level of the pressbox, and the details were buried. That's a show that was really only intelligible in the multicam video.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Remember y'all, these are TOC scores. I think things will come back down to earth tomorrow night with a full panel. I expect Crown, Bluecoats and BD to be grouped together and eventually Crown and Bluecoats to begin to create some distance. Crown performing first tonight left them in no mans land.

8. 82.875 Madison Scouts +1.25

7. 84.125 Phantom Regiment +0.025

6. 84.150 Blue Knights +2.65

5. 86.800 Cadets +1.425

4. 88.225 Santa Clara Vanguard +1.575

3. 89.800 Carolina Crown +.65

2. 90.450 Blue Devils +.35

1. 90.800 Bluecoats

1) Bloo

2) BD +.4

3) Crown +.2

4) Vanguard +.9

5) Cadets+.4

6) Blue Knights +2.3

7) Phantom +.3

8) Madison +3.4

I wasn't that far off!

• Like 1

Everything I could ask for tonight. Could completely change tomorrow. Love this season.

• Like 2

I wasn't able to watch the broadcast, but I caught Regiment on DVR and was going to hit some others before... disconnection.

I understand that DCI isn't allowing us to continue to watch the show, but would it be that disastrous to keep the DVR function for a couple hours after the show?!?

SCV less than .2 from BD (3rd) in music.