BirmingHam and Cheese on Rye, July 28

Actually CROSSMEN opened this spread a little . and closed the spread w BK .

That may be so. But Academy did beat Xmen in overall effect. That is not captions you want to be losing with 3 weeks to go. If I could I would put money on academy passing xmen based on effect alone. Given that the performance captions have 3 weeks to continue refining.

If CV was at that show...

I'm in BIG trouble! ;)

Dan

Lol

I really really wanted to go to this show. I sat in a line of traffic for over an hour to get in the parking lot only to be told to go to the overflow lot over a mile away.459 was snarled east and west over this little show. I've been to a lot of shows over the years and hauled a lot of people with me to introduce them to drum corps, but I've never encountered anything like this. Myself and several hundred others took our money back home with us. Between the fan network going away and mismanaged shows like this, it's very hard to remain a fan.

• Like 1

That may be so. But Academy did beat Xmen in overall effect. That is not captions you want to be losing with 3 weeks to go. If I could I would put money on academy passing xmen based on effect alone. Given that the performance captions have 3 weeks to continue refining.

It would be interesting to know who the GE judges were, but I can't find a list anywhere. As with anything else in drum corps, it's not a trend until it happens twice.

There were four GE judges in San Antonio to the two here and the Crossmen had a lead in GE.

Edited by barigirl78

Crossmen beat Academy the night before in GE. Since GE is subjective it depends on who is judging. As far as visual and music I think Crossmen have more demand and will get more credit on that side of the caption. if they perform Crossmen should carry visual and music. An example I can't see Academy beating them in color guard! Should not be close. So if GE is close it favors Crossmen.

I really really wanted to go to this show. I sat in a line of traffic for over an hour to get in the parking lot only to be told to go to the overflow lot over a mile away.459 was snarled east and west over this little show. I've been to a lot of shows over the years and hauled a lot of people with me to introduce them to drum corps, but I've never encountered anything like this. Myself and several hundred others took our money back home with us. Between the fan network going away and mismanaged shows like this, it's very hard to remain a fan.

I hope the same thing doesn't happen tonight in Nashville. Vandy is right on West End, which is the main road out of downtown and midtown. Rush hour traffic can be a real issue in Nashville, and on a Friday you also have all the medical center employees leaving for the weekend. My wife used to be an RN at Vandy and it didn't take her long to want out due to having to park on the west side of campus (where the football parking lot is).

Hopefully there will be traffic cops out there on West End to move people in and out. Last time DCI was at Vandy the walk-up crowd was historic, and caught everyone by surprise.