Who has the most to prove going into semis/finals 2016

The answer to this question is the same every year: the corps in 13th.

They need to prove (or not) that they should be 12th.

There is no result more important than either being in the show or out of it.

Edited by barigirl78

I was going to say Cadets, Cavaliers, and Santa Clara Vanguard. I know the talk of the town has been the top 3 (I'm rooting for Crown!) but I'm almost more intrigued with the battle for fourth, and honestly I've heard the cadets wanted to wait for this time right now so George might pull a rabbit out of his hat and sneak into the top 3 (although very unlikely) I think if I had to just choose one it would be the Cavaliers, I know I'm a little bias, but this is the first year since 2011 they have even been considered for the top 5. They need to get into the top 5 so they can reestablish themselves among the top 5 drum corps...I just hope that SCV is in 6th and not The Cadets....I live my life by one DCI rule. The Three C's! Crown! Cavies! Cadets!

Academy. They are on the verge of becoming the first new face in finals since 2002. They face tough competition from a corps that hasn't been out of finals since the 90s, and a corps that is a 2 time world champion. They're only 12 years old. If they can place in finals, they'll show they have what it takes to be a top world class corps, and the potential for recruitment and retention due to a finals finish should not be underestimated.

Hasn't Academy already been in finals before?

Hasn't Academy already been in finals before?

Oops...13th in 2007....my bad.

• Like 1

Cadets possibly jumping into 4th or even 3rd.

• Like 1

I think the top 3 is set, I would be surprised if anyone even posed a threat to Crown, Bloo, or BD..I expect at least a 1.5-2.0 gap between 3rd and 4th in Finals..but it's possible!!

Cadets. So many people talked about how bad the design is (in their eyes). [/quote

Agree. Cadets and Bluecoats are on the line.If Bluecoats don't win Thursday, all the momentum they have had will disappear.

Nobody has anything to prove. They're all amazing.

I look at it more as who will win and set precedents for show design in the future.

If BD wins, I expect more experimentation from corps like Bloo, the Cavies, Crown, and Cadets to try to find new winning design directions.

If Bloo wins, expect at least another 4-5 top 12 corps to go the full WGI uniform and show design route.

If Crown wins, expect that more traditional balance of music/visual.