The Bloo Effect: UNIFORMS

Bloo Effect  

144 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bluecoats win the 2016 DCI Final, how many other top 12 corps will start using WGI uniforms for the corps proper?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+
  2. 2. If the Bluecoats win 2nd or 3rd at the 2016 DCI Final, how many other top 12 corps will start using WGI uniforms for the corps proper?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+
  3. 3. Predict the DCI season where WGI uniforms for the corps proper will be what the majority of corps use.

• 2021+

More groups will considering ditching hats.

Just imagine in the far off world. All corps have long ditched hats and went all out WGI.

Now, imagine if one corps decided to break away from the "WGI look" and went all in with a look of a more traditional drum corps of "yesteryear" - a look that may resemble a corps that would qualify as your favorite uniform of all time. I wonder what kind reaction that corps would get?

Nothing against the WGI look. I just hope it never becomes all that we see.

I like hats, shakos, helmets, fakos - even though without them I'd be able to pick out my kid more easily!

I actually don't think it will matter where Bluecoats finish. The style and demand of a DCI show is changing, and that will require a fresh look at uniforms.

To me, the biggest trend is toward show-specific uniforms, which was pretty much started by Cadets (Angels/Demons and Zone) and before them Star (Rome) and then institutionalized by Crown. That, to me, is the significance of the uniform trend.

What Bloo did is worlds more than what any other corps has done with unis.

Thanks.

Which I believe is a good thing for Bloo for THIS year, NOT necessarily a good thing for OTHER corps or for BLOO in subsequent years, unless their show calls for it.

• Like 2

Which I believe is a good thing for Bloo for THIS year, NOT necessarily a good thing for OTHER corps or for BLOO in subsequent years, unless their show calls for it.

For sure.

I think there's a strong chance that a win from Bloo would accelerate the change to WGI costumes for a lot of corps in order to go in the same design direction regarding choreography, staging, etc.

Open wide the floodgates.

For sure.

I think there's a strong chance that a win from Bloo would accelerate the change to WGI costumes for a lot of corps in order to go in the same design direction regarding choreography, staging, etc.

Open wide the floodgates.

Yep, which is why Bloo winning makes me nervous. I hate saying anything close to "I don't want a certain corps to win," but it definitely makes me uneasy.

• Like 1

I feel the same way about show design trends from winning/medalist corps.

Honestly I don't understand getting so caught up on a uniform. At all. I'm more concerned about certain aspects of what some of the musical arranging trends are and body movement trends in recent years than what they are wearing whole doing it.

At least in terms of my personal preference.