DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Cadets performed the hell out of that show.

That show still makes zero sense. Why do they kill the statue? What are the violin and horn soloists supposed to represent?

Also, guard dance choreography REALLY stood out in a bad way. They awkwardly prance around and do some ragtime moves in the middle of this show and that makes no sense either.

Again, amazing kids playing and marching their butts off, but the design is a big mess and holding them back.

Next on the field is the Santa Clara Vanguard from Santa Clara, California. Their 2016 program is entitled "Force of Nature" and consists of:

Spring 1 (from Recomposed) by Richter, Max

Without Warning (from Stormworks) by Melillo, Stephen

Earth Song by Tichelli, Frank

Winter 1 (from Recomposed) by Richter, Max

After the Storm by Tichelli, Frank

Cadets brass and percussion were amazing! That show was just so poorly put together. Soloists stood there the whole time. ONTO VANGUARD!!

Cadets! Musically, I can't imagine anything better! BRASS!!!Visually ... Nice. Guard: improved, but the whole stone to flesh thing, IMHO, just doesn't work well. And those creepy mannequins ... A complete miss to me. Totally out of place with that regal Pines of Rome opening. Nothing but a bizarre distraction.

I do love a drum corps season where each show comes on and I say to myself "that's my favorite show of the year!".

• Like 1

Cadets performed the hell out of that show.

That show still makes zero sense. Why do they kill the statue? What are the violin and horn soloists supposed to represent?

Also, guard dance choreography REALLY stood out in a bad way. They awkwardly prance around and do some ragtime moves in the middle of this show and that makes no sense either.

Again, amazing kids playing and marching their butts off, but the design is a big mess and holding them back.

Hop has already admitted to the design flaws of this show, so no need to beat a dead horse further than it has been beaten this year... It's, like, in a hole now.

Cadets - no doubt the talent is there and the new ending is worlds better, but the whole thing just feels forced. They will still get tons of credit just for how good they are.

The over-amplification of EVERYTHiNG contributes.to the impression of being forced.

• Like 1

Full standing O before they were done

Not sure where you are sitting. But it was not a full standing O and definitly not before they were done. More like polite half standing O. There were sections of people still sitting everywhere. Sorry.

PS.... I'm in section 338 and can see full lower stadium

Edited by GREENBLUE

Next on the field is the Santa Clara Vanguard from Santa Clara, California. Their 2016 program is entitled "Force of Nature" and consists of:

Spring 1 (from Recomposed) by Richter, Max

Without Warning (from Stormworks) by Melillo, Stephen

Earth Song by Tichelli, Frank

Winter 1 (from Recomposed) by Richter, Max

After the Storm by Tichelli, Frank

In case you're also covering Semis and Finals, "After the Storm" was written by Stephen Melillo, not Frank Ticheli. (And yes, I know that you pulled all this off of CorpsReps.)
  • Like 1