Madison Scouts 2017

The bottom line is what Michael Cesario said, if you don't like a show someone is doing just stick around, someone else is bound to have something that you'll like for crying out loud!

Edited by Madcityscout

6 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

The bottom line is what Michael Cesario said, if you don't like a show someone is doing just stick around, someone else is bound to have something that you'll like for crying out loud!

I'm not so sure about that anymore. Depending on what you like, you may be out of luck. Then again, we shall see soon enough.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

You do realize that some folks just go for "their" corps...so if they don't like that they may not stick around to hear anything else...I'm a top to bottom show goer myself, but I know a lot of people who are not...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

You do realize that some folks just go for "their" corps...so if they don't like that they may not stick around to hear anything else...I'm a top to bottom show goer myself, but I know a lot of people who are not...

I never understood how anyone could have a love for the activity, yet only want to see one corps perform. But you're right. I see it all the time at shows. Folks will just hang out in the lot watching their favorite corps warm up, follow them to the stadium for their performance, then bounce the moment they play the final note. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Liahona said:

That's fine in my opinion. By them staying just for their corps I don't think it would hardly cause any of the other corps to fold.

Edited by tesmusic

3 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Why say something if you aren't willing to stand by it? Funny thing is, I used to be you....the Scouts sunshine-pumper on here. That is, until I took off the Green-colored glasses and was able to see things more clearly, without being blinded by my homerism. I'm tired of hype and talk. It's time for results. Then again, I'm from the Show-Me state, so maybe that's why I feel the way I do.

8 hours ago, crownisking said:

I never understood how anyone could have a love for the activity, yet only want to see one corps perform. But you're right. I see it all the time at shows. Folks will just hang out in the lot watching their favorite corps warm up, follow them to the stadium for their performance, then bounce the moment they play the final note. 

I haven't been to a lot once because I'd rather watch everyone perform on the field... can't bring myself to miss out on the actual product over a warmup!

"This glimpse of prosperity crumbles as an explosion ravages their establishment."  Love it. They have an establishment. Maybe like a bar?  What could the explosion be?  Is it a bomb?  Or maybe a gas leak that ignited when a bar patron went to light up a stogie. I'm so sad they're running out of oxygen. Maybe they were already low on oxygen when they penned this show tease. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, crownisking said:

That was me last year. Honestly, the only two shows I liked were Academy and SCV - everyone else I didn't feel I needed to watch again. I had the video package from DCI last year, and didn't even bother watching finals. I watched SCV in quarters or semis (whichever one was online) and that was it. I was so disappointed last year. In 2015, I liked so many shows that year. I watched every live feed. Sometimes you have good years, and sometimes bad. I think 2017 is going a great year. I've seen video of BAC, Crown, Devils, Cadets, Madison and Regiment - I loved everyone, except one of them.