Madison Scouts 2017

2 hours ago, Madcityscout said:

Thank you Sir!!! You get the point!!! I think that I might have marched Scouts with you. Did you play mellophone?

Cymbals 1998

I see Chris just posted a video of the corps pulling out on the way to Lucas Oil stadium. Are they going to perform at the preview tonight? I might need to go if so.

2 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

I see Chris just posted a video of the corps pulling out on the way to Lucas Oil stadium. Are they going to perform at the preview tonight? I might need to go if so.

No, they're hosting a clinic this afternoon at LOS. Their first competition is this Saturday at Whitewater.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They aren't scheduled to compete.  

Yea - I saw the schedule but was hoping they were. Was going to get a last minute ticket if they were.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, swmstom said:

Cymbals 1998

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

No, they're hosting a clinic this afternoon at LOS. Their first competition is this Saturday at Whitewater.

Ok. Contra 1983-84.

22 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

This is what I was talking about when I was referencing a lack of creativity in DCI anymore. I know I'm a "dinosaur" (41), but I can't believe so many people are willing to swallow the line and go along with this morphing of DCI into WGI. That's pretty much all we're seeing now; recycled BOA or WGI shows. The mindset of both of those organizations have infected DCI (mostly due to the incestuous nature of all 3 organizations). It's basically taking a WGI-styled show and throwing it on a football field instead of inside an auditorium. There's very little left to distinguish the different activities, not to mention the fact that DCI is no longer the innovator and driving force (by and large) of the marching arts, and has taken a backseat to both BOA and WGI.

This is what many were afraid of when we started changing the rules. Any-key instruments...then amplification...then electronics...now costumes, etc. Won't be any time before you can no longer recognize a difference between DCI and BOA. Before anyone scoffs, we're practically there already. The only difference at this point is the lack of wood winds. DCI is now a homogenized product.

I'm just surprised that everyone is cool with it.

***that's not to take anything away from what BOA and WGI do. I've seen a lot of awesome shows from both and appreciate those activities for what they are. I'd just prefer we stop blurring the lines between them and DCI.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 3