Madison Scouts 2017

12 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Have you seen the show? I'm dying to see it. I love the uniforms. They look, to me, to be the most detail-oriented and well made of all uniforms today. Really glad they are stepping outside the box.

Me too!

Great, intelligent rhetoric. I think it will eventually gain the corps a tenth or two and pave the way for future competitive and financial growth of the organization. I LOVE that you sir are proving most all of my concerns for the Scouts organization 2017 to be legit. THANKS!  

9 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

Great, intelligent rhetoric. I think it will eventually gain the corps a tenth or two and pave the way for future competitive and financial growth of the organization. I LOVE that you sir are proving most all of my concerns for the Scouts organization 2017 to be legit. THANKS!  

You're very welcome! I don't know about anyone else, but I personally LOVE being lectured by BD fans, far and away the pioneers of the bastardization of the drum corps idiom. They definitely know about how everyone should accept the change they force on everyone else. All hail David Gibbs. :4_joy: Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :8_laughing:

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 1

I just want to know more about the show...in detail. Loud? Fast? Beautiful? Moving? As a fan does your heart race and leaves you needing it to never stop? Will it be iconic?......or is it fancy window dressings on a mobile home?

5 minutes ago, swmstom said:

I just want to know more about the show...in detail. Loud? Fast? Beautiful? Moving? As a fan does your heart race and leaves you needing it to never stop? Will it be iconic?......or is it fancy window dressings on a mobile home?

Hopefully it's ambitious. I have no doubt about the brass staff. Like I've said repeatedly, Van Matthews is one of the best in the business. I know the rest of the BD guys who came back to the fold are as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigBadMadMan said:

I never called anyone subhuman, so that is hyperbole.

Yes, I know. I just wasn't sure what you would consider those corps if you considered Madison "bottom tier." And I didn't really get an answer either.

Secondly, a modicum of success? From 1973 the corps has won twice and made finals all but 4 times. That's almost an 88% success rate. So yeah, we have no right to expect better. Gtfooh with you preaching to us who actually auditioned, made, and MARCHED with the corps. You can call us dinosaurs, but we have a better idea of what the corps is than you ever will. 

I was going to put up a long winded retort about how I know and understand more about the post-2009 corps through one winter of audition camps and having a real, flesh-and-blood brother marching in the corps than you could ever hope to, but really all I have to say is that your ranting is simply making my point for me. 

Nothing personal, but don't come into this thread telling us what to think or feel...same as you telling other people in other threads that they have no right to their opinion. I've never insulted you or your corps or your experience. Don't come in here and insult mine.

Unlike you, who suggests how everyone in the corps and all the alumni should feel about the corps AFTER THE FIRST SHOW. And as for opinions, I certainly let people have the right to their opinions and would never suggest otherwise. I may DEBATE that opinion, and suggest why it may be a poor one to have, but in the end I'm not one to say that you can or can't have your opinion. Considering what you've been doing in Madison threads the last few years, however, I think that last couplet is absolutely precious coming from you. I am not insulting your experience by saying the Madison Scouts today aren't the Madison Scouts of '95/'96. And therein seems to be the problem. Madison not being '95/'96 and not being called as such is taken as a personal insult by you. It's not. Take a deep breath and let it go.

THE :89_clap: MADISON :89_clap: SCOUTS :89_clap: WILL :89_clap: BE :89_clap: FINE! :89_clap:

5 hours ago, swmstom said:

It's pretty much all of the above.  One of those shows that's over before you know it.   Should be great by finals.  

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

I've got to see a video recording of this production. Anyone 

Me too! I've never gone this long into a new season without at least seeing a clip of a new Scouts show on the field. The only thing I've seen is the music rehearsal when they announced the show on Facebook and the clip of them entering the field last night. The anticipation has been eating away at me for months!