Madison Scouts 2017

part of the vibe I'm getting off the Scouts show this year is Tom Petty's video - You Got Lucky Girl - it would be cool if they could work some of the accoustic effects at the beginning of this video into the preshow (if they still have preshows?) - erie bong sound, mechanical whirrrs, rattle snake sounds, wind....

Scouts had a great show tonight in Minneapolis. Music and power are coming through in ways I didn't get earlier.

There wasn't much audience reaction until the end. It didn't impress me as people not liking the show so much as they don't know what to do with it what they are seeing and hearing.

It's a sophisticated show. After the Scouts, The Academy seemed kind of lame, even with all that show's conventional entertainment potential.

High enough last night in Minneapolis to see the fluer de lis appear like magic and then quickly disappear. A very cool effect. Is that relatively new in the show? I saw them last in Evansville, 10 days ago.

So could you say that their show is over the average audience's head? 

7 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

So could you say that their show is over the average audience's head? 

With themes and stories so dominant, even when they're not good or effective, we might be trained to expect a little story development. I don't think that's clear in the Scouts show right now. I've read all about it, and it still isn't quite clear to me. I don't know that narration is the answer. But it's that kind of thing.

On the other hand, I've no clue what the story is in Vanguard's show, but it is wildly entertaining.

• Like 1

Well, narration may not hurt. Sounds like a good design with difficult accessibility for some people.

• Like 1

Any idea how that small gap behind BS from Thursday turned into a big gap last night? Did Madison have a bad Run? BS have a great run?

1 hour ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Any idea how that small gap behind BS from Thursday turned into a big gap last night? Did Madison have a bad Run? BS have a great run?

Look at the scoring trend between the 2 head to head.  It fluctuates alot panel to panel.

6/24/2017 Skip Navigation Links
The Whitewater Classic - Whitewater, WI Expand The Whitewater Classic - Whitewater, WI
World Class  65.650 64.200           Blue Stars 1.450
6/25/2017 Skip Navigation Links
Pageant of Drums - Michigan City, IN Expand Pageant of Drums - Michigan City, IN
World Class 66.100           64.600 Blue Stars 1.500
6/28/2017 Skip Navigation Links
Drums on the Ohio - Evansville, IN Expand Drums on the Ohio - Evansville, IN
World Class 67.600 67.100 Blue Stars 0.500
6/30/2017 Skip Navigation Links
DCI Central Indiana presented by Woodwind and Bras - Muncie, IN Expand DCI Central Indiana presented by Woodwind and Bras - Muncie, IN

7/1/2017 Skip Navigation Links
Cavalcade of Brass - Lisle, IL Expand Cavalcade of Brass - Lisle, IL
World Class 68.700 66.300 Blue Stars 2.400
7/2/2017 Skip Navigation Links
River City Rhapsody - La Crosse - La Crosse, WI Expand River City Rhapsody - La Crosse - La Crosse, WI
World Class 69.900 69.600 Blue Stars 0.300
7/6/2017 Skip Navigation Links
The Northwoods Encore - Wausau, WI Expand The Northwoods Encore - Wausau, WI
World Class 71.800 71.400 Blue Stars 0.400
7/8/2017 Skip Navigation Links
DCI Minnesota presented by U.S. Marine Drum and Bu - Minneapolis, MN Expand DCI Minnesota presented by U.S. Marine Drum and Bu - Minneapolis, MN
World Class 73.375 70.775 Blue Stars 2.600
  • Like 1