2017 PREDICTIONS!

25 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I've seen plenty of footage of them at all his point this season to agree. I think they'll be as high as 7, but could be as low as 10th.

Again, a lot can happen in a season. Heck, even a week. Cadets went from 1st at San Antonio to 3rd in Atlanta in 2015. Let's just see where the season ends up

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Again, a lot can happen in a season. Heck, even a week. Cadets went from 1st at San Antonio to 3rd in Atlanta in 2015. Let's just see where the season ends up

you have a BD honk and a Crown honk busting on the Cadets. I'd ignore them. The Crown guy predicts Cadets doing terrible every year - he's been correct one time and now is the resident "expert"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Got it.  Thanks.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the brass.  And especially the guard.

I already am, I had no idea that their first run would be so good.
This season is gonna be a joy for their fan base.

when was the last time they beat Cadets??  Just asking for a friend!?!

Edited by Cop

5 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

How would you know if judging hasn't even started? Lots of things happen in the span of a season. I wouldn't count anyone out at this point.

Poignant question and reasonable comment to make. Why some get so serious about predictions posts, even this close to the season's start, I don't get it. The Federal Reserve spends millions of dollars and whole squads of brainiac analysts' time to predict economic variables three months out. And they get it wrong. Still, some people here take seriously their ability to predict DCI placements - sometimes captions placements - before any shows are performed in competition.

It's predictions - guesses, wish lists, and sometimes, some judgmental making sense of information at our disposal. It should be all in good fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cop said:

July 7, 1980

• Like 1

7 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Outlandish? I said last year, at this time, the Cadets could finish 6th and what happened. Go back and look. After seeing the show, it's not outlandish in the least. 

I've seen early versions of both Cadets and Crown, and frankly I find what Cadets have to be more logically laid out.  Crown's opening 2 minutes is fantastic. Best part of their show. The ballad is pretty. The rest is unclear and cluttered.  It's early and I am rooting for all these shows to do well.  But I have more concern over the direction Crown's show is taking. Crown definitely performs it better at this point, but Cadets have a better product. 

• Like 2

It will be an interesting year. I think with the staff changes, Boston will move up a tier while Cadets might move down. Here is more or less of what I think.

1. Crown. I think they have had championship shows the past 2 years

2. BD. Love them or hate them they won't finish below second.

3. SCV. I think they will surprise some people

4. Bluecoats. Always hard to be up there after a first win, although I might be wrong.

5. Cavaliers. I think this will be a fan favorite

6. Phantom. 

7. Blue Knights

8. Boston. New staff will have them up in the top 6 again soon

9.Cadets. I love them, but I think this is a down year

10. Blue Stars. They seem to have one of my top 3 shows every year.

11. Crossmen. Go Bones

12. Madison. Cannot say if Academy will repeat their magic.

6 hours ago, Cop said:

Last time beating Cadets.  well certainly it was when they were called Garfield.  I don't know for sure but probably back in the 70's.  As good as BAC was when they did Red, they may not have beaten Cadets even then.  It has been a while.  Maybe Liahona or Brasso knows for sure.  And I see Liahona HAS chimed in.  Thanks L.

Edited by LabMaster

6 hours ago, Cop said:

. Since you asked Cop:.... Hanover, Pennsylvania on July 7th, 1980 was the last time the Boston Crusaders topped the Cadets... 507 head to head competitions ago.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1