2017 PREDICTIONS!

Sorry I can not rate this years corps at this time.  I have seen alot (corps)  bit and pieces and the media/video was not all that good.  The best over all view/media of drum corps this year 2017 is BAC.  They did a great job with the announcements for 2017. Good luck to all this year 2017.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emc2 said:

Sorry I can not rate this years corps at this time.  I have seen alot (corps)  bit and pieces and the media/video was not all that good.  The best over all view/media of drum corps this year 2017 is BAC.  They did a great job with the announcements for 2017. Good luck to all this year 2017.

Maybe they don't want to release tons of media just so we can sit around pontificating?

Edited by George Dixon

4 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

STOCK UP: BLUE STARS

Another corps that has been strong lately and just needs another push. I think the new (old) arranger will give them that push. Guard/visual looks to be fantastic. 

STOCK DOWN: BLUE KNIGHTS

No reason for this other than the corps around them may be improving at a faster rate than them right now. After an incredible 2015 many were looking to see a big jump in performance and placement in 2016 and it didn't quite happen. They will without a doubt be a strong corps, but how will they get over this hump?

STOCK UP: BOSTON CRUSADERS

Obvious choice is obvious ;) . 

Blue Stars sound like the good and climbing Blue Stars from several years back.

I don't think Blue Knights stock is down. They sound and look great.

Boston is obvious.  I think they'll be duking it out with Cadets, Phantom, and Blue Knights all season.  Blue Stars could sneak into this grouping as well.

Wild card is Madison, but they will absolutely be improved from last year...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Blue Stars sound like the good and climbing Blue Stars from several years back.

I don't think Blue Knights stock is down. They sound and look great.

Boston is obvious.  I think they'll be duking it out with Cadets, Phantom, and Blue Knights all season.  Blue Stars could sneak into this grouping as well.

Wild card is Madison, but they will absolutely be improved from last year...

I select this area as one question.  At the end of last season what grouping was BS in off the top of your head?  With your first statement you would say they will be improved on last year.

35 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I select this area as one question.  At the end of last season what grouping was BS in off the top of your head?  With your first statement you would say they will be improved on last year.

I felt that they were duking it out for 7th, and I could have pictured them in 7th. I actually felt that they were scored about a point too low and a placement too low. I definitely felt they were box 5 in many areas.

Just now, jjeffeory said:

I felt that they were duking it out for 7th, and I could have pictured them in 7th. I actually felt that they were scored about a point too low and a placement too low. I definitely felt they were box 5 in many areas.

Just think they will be in the group instead of sneaking in :tongue:

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Just think they will be in the group instead of sneaking in :tongue:

This year is so wild though; I've got my eyes on Blue Stars for sure though!

I've been out of the loop for the pre-season predictions.  So I left it to my OUIJA board for the following list.

1.  Bluecoats

2.  SCV

3.  Blue Devils

4.  Cadets

5.  Cavies

6.  Crown

7.  Boston 

8.  Phantom

9.  Blue Knights

10. The Academy

11. Blue Stars

12. Crossmen/Madison/

Colts/Mandarins

• Like 1

1. Blue Devils
2. Bluecoats
3. Santa Clara Vanguard
4. Carolina Crown
5. Cavaliers
6. Boston Crusaders
7. Cadets
8. Phantom Regiment
9. Blue Knights
10. Blue Stars
11. The Academy
12. Madison Scouts

I'll put here my last before tour here. No ranks, but an analysis of some corps

BLUE DEVILS - I currently have virtually no insight onto their show yet except for their title and repertoire. But knowing BD, I have a gut feeling that they'll display some of DCI's most inventive visuals this year. I can't wait to see what they do with Flight of the Bumblebee

CAVALIERS - Saw them on Flomarching and they got me from surprise. I had no idea what I was getting into just by seeing the show announcement. And after seeing it, I'm still not exactly sure what I saw. But that doesn't mean that it was something. I have a feeling that this show will spill some controversy about electronics, but as one who is pretty okay with electronics, their implementation of electronics didn't take away too much of the show for me, although they did feel a weetad too abundant. But I did appreciate the way they used it. The drumline was extremely solid, so they get a shoutout. I was bummed to not see the weather due to weather, because I have a feeling that what I could've seen could've given me an adrenaline rush like last year's ending. This show really did spin my head

BLUE STARS - I'll admit that I was underwhelmed when they announced their show, but now that I saw it, the show passed my expectations. I'm glad that they covered more stories than Romeo and Juliet. I think. The show was easy to follow and they really did a good job with getting fitting props and uniforms for the show. I noticed that the hornline wasn't involved as much and wanted them to play more. Most of the time they were at horns down. They're doing a good job at keeping their identity and riding off their older shows with this one.

BLUE KNIGHTS - Some people predict that they'll either stagnate or drop when it comes to scoring, and I can see why. One reason is because of other corps kicking it into high gear this season, and maybe another was because last year didn't live up to expectations. Maybe they're right about the former, but after seeing what they have on the field twice already, the latter couldn't be further from the truth. They're also cranking it up this season and really putting something else on the field this year. I mean, talk about physically demanding. From all sections. I've seen it twice already and I still feel like I need to watch it another 15 times to catch up on anything that I've missed. It also has its fair share of memorable moments, too (IKR?) Also, (if you haven't seen the show yet) please don't go off the Vic Firth videos as a first impression, there's WAY more to the show than the percussion book. You'll know when you see it. I'll be very baffled it they get any lower than 8th at finals, frankly.

BOSTON CRUSADERS - Fact: I didn't think much of when I heard everyone say that they're going to step up their game this year. Other fact: I'm wrong and ignorant. Holy cow. I had stated that I'm a fan of dark and in-your-face shows and this show is just that. It's becoming a trademark for Boston it seems, and I like it. That drumline is spectacularly solid. And now that I've seen the show, those uniforms are really clever and are probably my favorite this season. This is a perfect concept for Boston to touch up on. It also has its emotional and very passionate moments. This show is truly going to be wicked.

Carolina Crown - Top notch brass + weird leg movements = trademark Crown. They're pretty great. The vocalist and all. #PurpleJacketBand?

This is without a doubt going to be a powerhouse year.

• Like 1