2017 PREDICTIONS!

34 minutes ago, ConJam said:

I heard there were only 5 judges at the Indiana show last night?

Yes.  Shortened panel.  It's the standard now for a lot of non-regional shows during the year.

Generally you get both GE spots, Music Analysis, Visual Analysis and then one more wild card spot covered.

28 minutes ago, geluf said:

Yes.  Shortened panel.  It's the standard now for a lot of non-regional shows during the year.

Generally you get both GE spots, Music Analysis, Visual Analysis and then one more wild card spot covered.

So would that explain the instant spike in Crowns score?

• Like 1

I am perplexed at Blue Knights.   Parts of that show are the freshest and most amazingly performed things I've seen on the field this summer and some moments are...not.  If they work out some kinks, get the back half of the show to match the front, and get the guard solid they could be dangerous.   Lots of ifs though.  

Edited by DrumManTx

6 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I am perplexed at Blue Knights.   Parts of that show are the freshest and most amazingly performed things I've seen on the field this summer and some moments are...not.  If they work out some kinks, get the back half of the show to match the front, and get the guard solid they could be dangerous.   Lots of ifs though.  

I agree. I thought the beginning was so beautiful and the 1st half was fresh and interesting. They lost me in the ballad and never got me back.

27 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Two trains of thoughts- absolutely agree with the thought-

If they can get Hide and Seek to have the same connectivity that the Opener- (Beck) has I really see them doing major damage. It's feels like the back half is going to evolve and has the room to do so. I know they have a solid stretch coming up where in the past few years they'd learn drill (Lol) but now can tweak and work out the kinks.

Also, the guard is a very strong unit for them even if scores haven't refuted it yet. I just wonder if some of the non traditional equipment maybe need to be turned into either dance or true equipment work. My wife who is a former guard instructor herself said that as well. I think in some respects you take minor risks that if they don't work or give you bang for the buck you tweak and turn into a little different. One thing we know for sure about BK- they've been able to make large things happen even when incomplete and now that they don't have that concern, it's time to turn the completed project into a masterpiece. In a smaller way it's how I felt about Phantom- Sparticus -When they first performed in San Antonio it was like- WOW that's great but with something different at the end that could be really special... Low and behold they completed their masterpiece.

Just my thoughts

Wesley P

1 minute ago, wesleyrp said:

Two trains of thoughts- absolutely agree with the thought-

If they can get Hide and Seek to have the same connectivity that the Opener- (Beck) has I really see them doing major damage. It's feels like the back half is going to evolve and has the room to do so. I know they have a solid stretch coming up where in the past few years they'd learn drill (Lol) but now can tweak and work out the kinks.

Also, the guard is a very strong unit for them even if scores haven't refuted it yet. I just wonder if some of the non traditional equipment maybe need to be turned into either dance or true equipment work. My wife who is a former guard instructor herself said that as well. I think in some respects you take minor risks that if they don't work or give you bang for the buck you tweak and turn into a little different. One thing we know for sure about BK- they've been able to make large things happen even when incomplete and now that they don't have that concern, it's time to turn the completed project into a masterpiece. In a smaller way it's how I felt about Phantom- Sparticus -When they first performed in San Antonio it was like- WOW that's great but with something different at the end that could be really special... Low and behold they completed their masterpiece.

Just my thoughts

Wesley P

The Bjork lost me, Hide and Seek got my attention back SOME but the arrangement has lots of dead space right now.  I'm definitely not saying this is it I'm not gonna like the back half but there's lots of stuff I could see changing/evolving.  

The Schwartner is FANTASTIC and the opener is great too.  And when I say what I do about the guard, I just don't think they're nearly as strong as the brass and percussion which are absolutely top tier.  

New predictions:

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. SCV

4. Cadets

5. Crown

6. Cavies

7. BAC

8. Blue Knights

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Mandarins

-

13. Academy

14. Madison Scouts

15. Troopers

16. BDB

17. Colts

18. SOA

(that's as far as I'll go for now)

Edited by Shewhois
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, bloospiritregiment9 said:

All I'm going to say is watch out for Spirit this season. Definitely a different drum corps! 

They have certainly been off most everyone's radar of late, so if true,  that sure would be encouraging news.