2017 PREDICTIONS!

Just for early/incomplete shows. Will most definitely change in July.

1. SCV (amazing everything, LOVE this show! GE could lower them to 2nd or 3rd)

2. BD (amazing brass and guard)

3. Bluecoats (GE/electronics only takes you so far, however that's what helps a group win, so could easily be 1st or 2nd too.)

4. Crown (depends on what they do to this show.)

5. Cadets (this show has so much potential, could be higher or lower depending on how they change this season)

6. Cavaliers (could easily move up)

7. Blue Knights

8. BAC - Ok, after seeing a more recent recording, they have a really nice product going for them. LOVE their guard work, visuals are pretty nice, would probably enjoy more from front field not back. Can't say much on brass because of being from backfield vantage point, but they sound quite good. Again, absolutely love this darker theme. It seems to be quite fitting for this group to do. Could easily move up to 7th or even 6th, 8th is a minimum. After thst recording I don't really see a chance of them dropping past this unless they somehow just absolutely fall apart.

9-12 could end up in quite a few different ways, this is more of just how I'd like to see it.

9. Blue Stars (love the theme and the guard, just needs cleaning)

10. Phantom Regiment (with some major cleaning, could be farther up)

11. Crossmen ( could easily move up, only seen this show once. Need more reads on it to really understand where they stand)

12. Madison Scouts (don't know much about their show, haven't seen it, but feel they will be back in finals. Probably 11th or 12th)

Edited by kinetic inferno11

56 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

A little late to the party.

1. Bluecoats- they manage to pull it off 2 years in a row as a relative newcomer to the podium.  No dropoff here.  I highly doubt they will fall below the silver.

2. Blue devils- although I don't think it's inconvenievable to be a gold medal winner.  I think this show will bounce from 1st to 3rd...maybe even 4th and finish at 2.

3. Carolina Crown- they are performing well and gaining steam. They will keep moral up and end up coming away with the bronze although they have an unpopular show.

4. SCV- another beautiful, classy, well performed and well written show that just misses a medal.

5. The Cadets- all of their additions to the show and and changes get them to close the gap on the cavies and pass them up finals week.

6. The Cavaliers- this show will bounce around from 4 to 6 all season. The scores will be much closer in the top 6 than they have in a long time.

GAP

7. Blue Knights- they spend the season duking it out with BAC and come out on top.

8. Boston crusaders- They finish strong after nearly missing finals last year. They keep the crossmen, phantom, Madison, and the blue stars at Bay all season.

9. Phantom- they come out on top of a tightly packed and competitve group at 9-12. They clean up their difficult show.

10. The crossmen- they win the battle with the blue stars but phantom passes them. 

11. Blue Stars- okay I haven't seen it yet.

12. Madison- their reboot gets them back at finals... barely.

I could get behind most of these predictions, although I think SCV will medal. But, Crossmen is the interesting one here. Only 2.8 down from the Cadets last night. I too think the Cadets will finish top 5 last year. Crossmen just might surprise everyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

11. BAC (haven't seen it since a pre season run, so could move up. Just feel that as other groups clean, they will get passed. Dig the show theme though)

I see BAC at 7th for their absolute lowest. They are for real.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I see BAC at 7th for their absolute lowest. They are for real.

And they very well might, I just don't know yet. None of us do.

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

A little late to the party.

1. Bluecoats- they manage to pull it off 2 years in a row as a relative newcomer to the podium.  No dropoff here.  I highly doubt they will fall below the silver.

2. Blue devils- although I don't think it's inconvenievable to be a gold medal winner.  I think this show will bounce from 1st to 3rd...maybe even 4th and finish at 2.

3. Carolina Crown- they are performing well and gaining steam. They will keep moral up and end up coming away with the bronze although they have an unpopular show.

4. SCV- another beautiful, classy, well performed and well written show that just misses a medal.

5. The Cadets- all of their additions to the show and and changes get them to close the gap on the cavies and pass them up finals week.

6. The Cavaliers- this show will bounce around from 4 to 6 all season. The scores will be much closer in the top 6 than they have in a long time.

GAP

7. Blue Knights- they spend the season duking it out with BAC and come out on top.

8. Boston crusaders- They finish strong after nearly missing finals last year. They keep the crossmen, phantom, Madison, and the blue stars at Bay all season.

9. Phantom- they come out on top of a tightly packed and competitve group at 9-12. They clean up their difficult show.

10. The crossmen- they win the battle with the blue stars but phantom passes them. 

11. Blue Stars- okay I haven't seen it yet.

12. Madison- their reboot gets them back at finals... barely.

Captions

Brass: Carolina Crown

Percussion: SCV

Color guard: Crown

GE: coats

Visual: BD

Best Uniform: Carolina Crown ;)

I will say if anyone will win guard it'll be either Bloo, BD or SCV... Crowns is not that hot this year

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

And they very well might, I just don't know yet. None of us do.

That is why there is a prediction thread. :guinesssmilie: we take a look back after August. See how ya did. 

• Like 2

I forgot captions

Brass: SCV or BD, absolutely killer books from both, and great sounds from both

Percussion: SCV, outstanding this season (also not a percussionist so idk much)

Guard: SCV or BD, again, amazing book and execution from both. I'd give SCV the edge at the end.

GE: Bluecoats. It is what it is.

Visual: SCV or Crown, love SCV's drill, and Crown's visuals.

I could see:

Brass: BD, SCV or Crown (you can never count out a Crown brass line).

Guard: SCV, BD or Bluecoats

GE: Bluecoats or SCV

Visual: SCV or BD (not sure I think Crown's in the running for that this year).

Think it's a three man race for 1st: BD, Bluecoats, SCV

A two man race for 4th: Crown and Cadets

6th (all alone): Cavies

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I could see:

Brass: BD, SCV or Crown (you can never count out a Crown brass line).

Guard: SCV, BD or Bluecoats

GE: Bluecoats or SCV

Visual: SCV or BD (not sure I think Crown's in the running for that this year).

Think it's a three man race for 1st: BD, Crown, SCV

A two man race for 4th: Crown and Cadets

6th (all alone): Cavies

Lol I think you forgot Bluecoats for top 3

Edited by kinetic inferno11

30 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Just for early/incomplete shows. Will most definitely change in July.

1. SCV (amazing everything, LOVE this show! GE could lower them to 2nd or 3rd)

2. BD (amazing brass and guard)

3. Bluecoats (GE/electronics only takes you so far, however that's what helps a group win, so could easily be 1st or 2nd too.)

4. Crown (depends on what they do to this show.)

5. Cadets (this show has so much potential, could be higher or lower depending on how they change this season)

6. Cavaliers (could easily move up)

7. Blue Knights

8-12 could end up in quite a few different ways, this is more of just how I'd like to see it.

8. Blue Stars (love the theme and the guard, just needs cleaning)

9. Phantom Regiment (with some major cleaning, could be farther up)

10. Crossmen ( could easily move up, only seen this show once. Need more reads on it to really understand where they stand)

11. BAC (haven't seen it since a pre season run, so could move up. Just feel that as other groups clean, they will get passed. Dig the show theme though)

12. Madison Scouts (don't know much about their show, haven't seen it, but feel they will be back in finals. Probably 11th or 12th)

Interesting the cleanest drum corps to come out with a complete show is BAC.