2017 PREDICTIONS!

On 2/6/2017 at 8:56 PM, DrumManTx said:

I think Mandarins move up.  They know how to create a full package like no one else in the non finalist bracket IMO. Their last two shows have been so balanced and well written for their members and what they can achieve. No weaknesses.  No reliance on a strong section.  Just a great corps inside and out.  

Gonna pat myself on the back.......hehe.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I'll put Blue Devils pretty simply.  That is easily the corps to beat on a proficiency basis, but not the show IMO.  

Blue Devils win brass.  That could be an all time great brass line by the time finals rolls around.  Probably color guard too just judging by how they progress by finals unless Bluecoats get some traction too.  Percussion is a toss up between around 3 corps IMO.  Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, and Bluecoats.  

I think GE could go to SCV or Bluecoats and maybe BD.  I think all three of those are a good two points above the rest of the field.  At least one will break 98.  

I love the brass too.  For what I've seen and heard so far, the most enjoyable brass book this year.   But in order to go down as an all-time great, I would like to see them do it on the move a little more.  That's not a criticism, just an observation after watching the video a few times.   But no disrespect, I really love what I see and hear, and am looking forward to seeing them live.

I DO however know one thing and will nail......Bluecoats and Santa Clara Vanguard easily have my favorite shows of the year, completely ignoring numbers they have the type of shows that keep my love for the activity fresh and at its highest.  

• Like 5

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I DO however know one thing and will nail......Bluecoats and Santa Clara Vanguard easily have my favorite shows of the year, completely ignoring numbers they have the type of shows that keep my love for the activity fresh and at its highest.  

Me too. By far my favorites (overall). Musically, it's the Cadets.

11 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I agree 100 percent. Haven't had a peak at the cadets or BK yet (I am generally a big fan of BKs show design) but I love SCV and bloo this year. Awesome, exciting shows.