2017 PREDICTIONS!

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Again, I haven't seen a more recent run of the show. I didn't mean to get everyone upset about placing them low as of right now. My predictions will change after I get to see the show live. I'm just going off of what I HAVE seen/heard. I was going to march BAC this year had I not been persuaded to wait a year to march. I love this group and have no reason to doubt they'll have a great season like any other corp.

No harm, no foul. I'm not upset with you - I just disagree with you. I hope you can march last year, and it's too bad you didn't this year. It's a wonderful experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Again, I haven't seen a more recent run of the show. I didn't mean to get everyone upset about placing them low as of right now. My predictions will change after I get to see the show live. I'm just going off of what I HAVE seen/heard. I was going to march BAC this year had I not been persuaded to wait a year to march. I love this group and have no reason to doubt they'll have a great season like any other corp.

Go to you tube some one posted a video on the other side of the field.   It even look great from that view point.  IMO

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

11. BAC (haven't seen it since a pre season run, so could move up. Just feel that as other groups clean, they will get passed. Dig the show theme though) 

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Please tell us which corps are happy with their current show set up and will not make changes or clean what they have?

3 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Did I say any were? I just said that as EVERYONE (BAC included) cleans, I think they'll get Passed. That might change when I see the show again, just stating my opinion like everyone else here is.

To me KI11, "just feel that as other groups clean", implies a corps is not cleaning.  It does not mean EVERYONE.  Giving an opinion on any corps without having seen them or basing this opinion on a cell phone video might not be the way to guess a corps finals placement.

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

To me KI11, "just feel that as other groups clean", implies a corps is not cleaning.  It does not mean EVERYONE.  Giving an opinion on any corps without having seen them or basing this opinion on a cell phone video might not be the way to guess a corps finals placement.

I don't think a single corp is just going to stop and not clean. It's common knowledge that as a season progresses, corps clean and therefore their scores increase. You're right though, a pre season phone recording probably isn't the best way to guess finals placements, but it is when it's the only video I've seen so far. I'm not trying to anger or insult anyone. I was just making a silly prediction that will most definitely (along with most everyone else's) be way off in August.

11 minutes ago, emc2 said:

Go to you tube some one posted a video on the other side of the field.   It even look great from that view point.  IMO

I'm gonna have to look this up. Then maybe ill update some stuff.

Edited by kinetic inferno11

My prediction.

Boston will place 13th or worse by finals.

This should make all the prognosticators happy.

kdp56kube78909e6g.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, I've updated my predictions after watching the video from backfield:

8. BAC - Ok, after seeing a more recent recording, they have a really nice product going for them. LOVE their guard work, visuals are pretty nice, would probably enjoy more from front field not back. Can't say much on brass because of being from backfield vantage point, but they sound quite good. Again, absolutely love this darker theme. It seems to be quite fitting for this group to do. Could easily move up to 7th or even 6th, 8th is a minimum. After thst recording I don't really see a chance of them dropping past this unless they somehow just absolutely fall apart.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 3:48 PM, henry7184 said:

New predictions (as well):

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils

3. Ssanta Clara Vanguard

4. Carolina Crown/Cadets

5. Cadets/Carolina Crown

6. Cavaliers

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

-

13. Mandarins

14. Academy/Troopers

15.Troopers/Academy

Don't forget about a certain corps who debuted last night right behind Troopers and Colts, each of which were on shows #3 and 4...and clipped 1 of them in visual and both of them in musical analysis finishing 4th. Not bad for a debut...They Will be spending the next 2 days cleaning and have show #2 Friday. 

Edited by JKT90

20 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Did I say any were? I just said that as EVERYONE (BAC included) cleans, I think they'll get Passed. That might change when I see the show again, just stating my opinion like everyone else here is.

The only one that I have seen live is Boston.  I will not see them until Aug or anyone else.  I have seen a lot of the rest on line most are still getting there shows together.  Boston has done a great job of bring a product out to compete with the top 5 IMO at the beginning of the year.  Nothing negative  so far.

10 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Ok, I've updated my predictions after watching the video from backfield:

8. BAC - Ok, after seeing a more recent recording, they have a really nice product going for them. LOVE their guard work, visuals are pretty nice, would probably enjoy more from front field not back. Can't say much on brass because of being from backfield vantage point, but they sound quite good. Again, absolutely love this darker theme. It seems to be quite fitting for this group to do. Could easily move up to 7th or even 6th, 8th is a minimum. After thst recording I don't really see a chance of them dropping past this unless they somehow just absolutely fall apart.

Maybe we should watch all corps from the backfield and make our predictions...perhaps they'd be more accurate...lol...I kid

Setting that aside...I sometimes over the years found it interesting to observe how well certain corps were marching...by viewing from the goal posts...gives a completely different perspective...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Maybe we should watch all corps from the backfield and make our predictions...perhaps they'd be more accurate...lol...I kid

Setting that aside...I sometimes over the years found it interesting to observe how well certain corps were marching...by viewing from the goal posts...gives a completely different perspective...

I enjoy performance videos from the side or at an angle where diagonals are exposed. It's one thing to have straight vertical lines, another to have good diagonals within those verticals.