2017 PREDICTIONS!

17 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

They have certainly been off most everyone's radar of late, so if true,  that sure would be encouraging news. 

I saw a video of their dress rehearsal and I think they will place, likely, around where they were last year. Maybe a bit higher, which would be good.

• Like 1

New predictions (as well):

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils

3. Ssanta Clara Vanguard

4. Carolina Crown/Cadets

5. Cadets/Carolina Crown

6. Cavaliers

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

-

13. Mandarins

14. Academy/Troopers

15.Troopers/Academy

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 3

Objectively looking at this list I like the choices. From a safe bias standpoint I would say Scouts could be anywhere between 11 to 9 at finals.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I am perplexed at Blue Knights.   Parts of that show are the freshest and most amazingly performed things I've seen on the field this summer and some moments are...not.  If they work out some kinks, get the back half of the show to match the front, and get the guard solid they could be dangerous.   Lots of ifs though.  

Sounds like several corps right now. Some of it is just June drum corps lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Well yeah but a little bit more pronounced in them I think right now.  

Haven't checked them out yet 

Cannot make a prediction until all corps have performed at least a couple of times and at least until they have had full panels involved. Until then then, it's like trying to predict college football rankings in week 1. 

On 6/24/2017 at 1:31 PM, George Dixon said:

Coats - guard IS their best ever. And they've had some very good guards. Coats guard is AMAZING. Will challenge BD/Crown/SCV in the top cluster IMO. Cavaliers/Boston/Cadets guards look good as well. We'll have to see how the guard caption plays out

There are like 5 guard reserves standing on the sidelines of each ensemble. I've never seen that in Bloo.

Perhaps REALITY will begin settle in for a few folks now...oh snap that's right...this is DCP!  :tounge2:

My predictions for Finals:

GE: Bloo

Drums: SCV

Brass: BD

Guard: Bloo

I think Crown will move up into 3rd to replace SCV, and BAC will place top 7, almost ousting Cadets. PR will be forced to realize its 2017, and things must finally change. Troopers' Nessun Dorma will be a highlight of the year.

Edited by superOOk