5. Cavaliers

6. Crown

7. Phantom

8. Boston

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Academy

12. Crossmen

The more interesting this should change in the the East.

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Add it up, and thats a 10th place prediction for Boston this summer. Thats certainly in line with the DCP predictions with DCP'ers of " 9th-10th' on average for Boston's placements this summer.. Time will tell if they move up or down or stay about the same from last season's 12/13th placements. All fans of Corps have their favorite Corps moving up. I know you have Crown medaling at " 3rd " and Cadets just out of medaling at " 4th ". So yes, George, it will be interesting to " follow these predictions in August " from that of the preseason. Good point!

I think their "range" is about 10th-6th - any of which is great. Corps around them is also improving. There's always the outside shot they could do an 11th or a 5th but probably a bit lower or higher than likely. I think they will do very well, move up quite a bit, and put the fear of god into several corps and captions. All positives

If I had to get I'd say 7th. But just a guess at this point if someone nailed me down. Tomorrow I might say 6th or 8th. It's still June :)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree with you about Bluecoats. They have a complete show on the field and they can perform. The show is logical, has amazing staging, great brass and percussion, and perhaps their best guard yet. The GE is once again another monster. Maybe not quite as good as last year's GE, at this point, but compared to most of what I have seen so far I think Blooo's GE is superior.  

The Blue Devils are, to this point, the only real challenger. Maybe Crown or SCV can jump in there. BD has a smokin' HOT brass and percussion book and I love their show. But they also have a 2nd half of that show that needs to be finished in terms of drill, staging, etc.  I think their front half is WOW, but the back half needs work if they want to beat the Bluecoats.  Same with Crown. They have the performance ensemble to compete, but they have to make sense of that back half.  I have no problem with the vocals, but the style of music from the first 2 tunes to the last few is obvious. It's an odd juxtaposition.  I was a little shocked that the Cavaliers were that close to Crown. They are excellent no doubt, but I am having trouble making out that show right now. Probably more so musically.  They will improve no doubt.

Crown is missing their last minute - I'd expect them to go up. Cadets also missing ending and should close up that gap with Cavaliers. Will be interesting to see if "early season" SCV is more with Crown or with Cavaliers.

Coats - I agree. They are the real deal and frankly the only corps I've seen that has a shot at beating them is BD. I do think BD will run the table this year. But we will see. 

Coats - guard IS their best ever. And they've had some very good guards. Coats guard is AMAZING. Will challenge BD/Crown/SCV in the top cluster IMO. Cavaliers/Boston/Cadets guards look good as well. We'll have to see how the guard caption plays out

Seems like you and I see the top competitors exactly the same. Show wise GE is going to either BD or Coats right now. That's half of what you need for a championship. 

2 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I really hope Madison makes a return to finals.

I think they have a great shot. Thing is it seems like all the corps are stepping up their game the past several seasons so 12th place is a moving (up) target, not static. It gets tougher and tougher each year it seems

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

I think they have a great shot. Thing is it seems like all the corps are stepping up their game the past several seasons so 12th place is a moving (up) target, not static. It gets tougher and tougher each year it seems

That is what concerns me. Personally, Madison has been one of my favorite corps.... I would greatly enjoy seeing them make finals this year and next year (for their 80th).

• Like 1

You know its a crazy season when no one has complained of slotting yet!

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Crown is missing their last minute - I'd expect them to go up. Cadets also missing ending and should close up that gap with Cavaliers. Will be interesting to see if "early season" SCV is more with Crown or with Cavaliers.

Coats - I agree. They are the real deal and frankly the only corps I've seen that has a shot at beating them is BD. I do think BD will run the table this year. But we will see. 

Coats - guard IS their best ever. And they've had some very good guards. Coats guard is AMAZING. Will challenge BD/Crown/SCV in the top cluster IMO. Cavaliers/Boston/Cadets guards look good as well. We'll have to see how the guard caption plays out

Seems like you and I see the top competitors exactly the same. Show wise GE is going to either BD or Coats right now. That's half of what you need for a championship. 

BAC guard the best i have seen this year.