2017 PREDICTIONS!

26 minutes ago, Liahona said:

My prediction.

Boston will place 13th or worse by finals.

This should make all the prognosticators happy.

kdp56kube78909e6g.jpg

L that your opinion cool.  Will you be at the show in Aug.

15 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Maybe we should watch all corps from the backfield and make our predictions...perhaps they'd be more accurate...lol...I kid

Setting that aside...I sometimes over the years found it interesting to observe how well certain corps were marching...by viewing from the goal posts...gives a completely different perspective...

When it comes time to really clean, techs should be going to the side for a look.  Usually everyone cleans from out front,  but a look from the side is the telling tale of who is really marching well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, emc2 said:

L that your opinion cool.  Will you be at the show in Aug.

I'm assuming you mean the East Coast Classic...not this year...my live shows will be...

August 2nd Drum Corps: An American Tradition - Clifton,NJ
August 3rd - Tour of Champions, PPL Park - Chester,PA
Ausust 5th - DCI Eastern Classic - Allentown, PA

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm assuming you mean the East Coast Classic...not this year...my live shows will be...

August 2nd Drum Corps: An American Tradition - Clifton,NJ
August 3rd - Tour of Champions, PPL Park - Chester,PA
Ausust 5th - DCI Eastern Classic - Allentown, PA

To add...I will be following one corps on the 4th of august in the lot...just not attending the show itself..I want this experience...any suggestions as to who I should follow on the 4th?...I'm a brass guy at heart..so it will probably be for brass... :)

Edited by Liahona

27 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Ok, I've updated my predictions after watching the video from backfield:

8. BAC - Ok, after seeing a more recent recording, they have a really nice product going for them. LOVE their guard work, visuals are pretty nice, would probably enjoy more from front field not back. Can't say much on brass because of being from backfield vantage point, but they sound quite good. Again, absolutely love this darker theme. It seems to be quite fitting for this group to do. Could easily move up to 7th or even 6th, 8th is a minimum. After thst recording I don't really see a chance of them dropping past this unless they somehow just absolutely fall apart.

Hope you get a look from the front.  There was a video out there from a Boston ST run through from Everett, MA.  From out front and I am sure you'd have a very different take on the brass.  I'm not sure where you are landing with your prediction though.  You had BAC in 11th then 8th saying that would be a minimum placement.  But you also said they'd be passed because everyone would be cleaning.  So I am a bit confused at this point.  Boston through the years, has been known for their finals push,  especially last year when it looked like they were missing finals.  Hope you audition for them next year.  I expect it will be another good year, but also it may be harder to get a contract.

For now, enjoy the show and wish them the best.

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

When it comes time to really clean, techs should be going to the side for a look.  Usually everyone cleans from out front,  but a look from the side is the telling tale of who is really marching well.

LBM just posted that because it was there on youtube.   i have the front view of that night as well.  looks pretty go to me.

4 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Hope you get a look from the front.  There was a video out there from a Boston ST run through from Everett, MA.  From out front and I am sure you'd have a very different take on the brass.  I'm not sure where you are landing with your prediction though.  You had BAC in 11th then 8th saying that would be a minimum placement.  But you also said they'd be passed because everyone would be cleaning.  So I am a bit confused at this point.  Boston through the years, has been known for their finals push,  especially last year when it looked like they were missing finals.  Hope you audition for them next year.  I expect it will be another good year, but also it may be harder to get a contract.

For now, enjoy the show and wish them the best.

The 11th was from videos of their movements before the season started. After watching the video of them backfield they seem to have much more high energy and are far more clean than I thought before. I absolutely hope this is a come back year for them, much improved from last year.

17 minutes ago, Liahona said:

To add...I will be following one corps on the 4th of august in the lot...just not attending the show itself..I want this experience...any suggestions as to who I should follow on the 4th?...I'm a brass guy at heart..so it will probably be for brass... :)

Cadets and Crown

27 minutes ago, Liahona said:

If I were in your shoes, I'd try and catch one or more of the following three: Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and The Company.

10 minutes ago, emc2 said:

Cadets and Crown

Neither of those two are on the Friday (Aug 4) show that he'll be lotting. They're both on the Saturday.