Staff merri-go-round

Maybe someone else can answer this ... how likely are brass players to follow certain staff members? I know in the drum world there are a few key players that drummers will follow from place to place (Rennick being an obvious example), but do brass players share the same loyalty? I feel like they're most likely to have goals for higher placing corps, not necessarily following instructors.

Maybe someone else can answer this ... how likely are brass players to follow certain staff members? I know in the drum world there are a few key players that drummers will follow from place to place (Rennick being an obvious example), but do brass players share the same loyalty? I feel like they're most likely to have goals for higher placing corps, not necessarily following instructors.

I think brass are last likely.

But in this case, I doubt there will be a ton. Cadets will get strong people to fill the roles, and I don't see many people taking a chance on a corps that was not in the same competitive league as the Cadets.

That said, if 2017 is a major improvement, you'll see numbers up for Boston in 2018 as far as talent and number auditioning.

Cadets were still a top 6 corps with what many people felt was an inferior product.

Boston barely made finals.

I wouldn't risk it.

• Like 1

Running and push ups. Nothing outside the norm from my experience.

The most intimidating drum corps experience I personally had actually came from Willy Higgins at a Cadets audition camp. Missed a sticks in on the last rep of an exercise and he shot a look that just made you feel like the biggest piece of ####. I think the general rule for anybody is don't do something stupid (mental mistakes) and you'll be just fine. Do something stupid and you'll feel the wrath.

...and an alum of my local HS band I have been working with for over 20 years (where both my kids graduated).

I think brass are last likely.

But in this case, I doubt there will be a ton. Cadets will get strong people to fill the roles, and I don't see many people taking a chance on a corps that was not in the same competitive league as the Cadets.

That said, if 2017 is a major improvement, you'll see numbers up for Boston in 2018 as far as talent and number auditioning.

Cadets were still a top 6 corps with what many people felt was an inferior product.

Boston barely made finals.

I wouldn't risk it.

The biggest difference might the a disruption of the flow of BAC marchers to the Cadets. And that flow was very significant.

• Like 1

Tim Snyder officially announced his resignation from Troopers via Facebook :(

Sounds like he already knows where he's headed next as well.

Tim Snyder officially announced his resignation from Troopers via Facebook :(

Here is his Facebook post...sad to hear...

I want to personally thank the members and staff of the Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps for everything they have taught me over the last 4 years.

It has been an incredible ride and allowed me grow and understand my role in this unbelievable world of drum corps. I have so much to learn and cant wait to see where this activity will take me.

I want to personally thank all those staff members that have allowed me to be myself and help me become the teacher I am today. Each and every one of you know who you are and it would take days to tag you all. I love all of you and couldn't have done even half of this without you.

I would like to personally thank Donnie VanDoren for all of his mentorship and guidance throughout the years. I'm happy to know that you are by my side in whatever I try to do. It has been an awesome ride and has only begun.

Thank you to the Troopers admin for allowing me the opportunity to become a caption head. They say your first place is always the most special, I can honestly say, I will remember my time at Troopers forever.

To the 200+ members of the Troopers Brass Program during my tenure. You guys are special. You took a chance on me when others wouldn't. You guys believed in what I was selling. In the end you became a signature of the Troopers Drum Corps and help set the standard for all Troopers Brass Programs in the future.

With all of that said, I respectfully resign as the brass caption head at the Troopers. I cant wait to let the world know whats next, but that will come in time. Right now, lets focus on the Troopers and the awesome members and staff of this venerable organization.

Canada is building a wall to keep us out

... and is going to make Madame Prez Clinton pay for it too when its completed.

... and is going to make Madame Prez Clinton pay for it too when its completed.

Make DCI G Bugle again?...