Staff merri-go-round

WOW! "Electronics Caption"

I appreciate the ways that Bloo has embraced and integrated their use of electronics into their shows over the past five years or so. By far, the best in DCI from both balance/blend and creative standpoints. It only seems fitting that they value the technology enough to create another caption to cover it an a staff to handle it.

I know everybody has a sound engineer, mix board guy, etc. But, has anybody else built an electronics caption yet?

I appreciate the ways that Bloo has embraced and integrated their use of electronics into their shows over the past five years or so. By far, the best in DCI from both balance/blend and creative standpoints. It only seems fitting that they value the technology enough to create another caption to cover it an a staff to handle it.

I know everybody has a sound engineer, mix board guy, etc. But, has anybody else built an electronics caption yet?

The term "Electronics Caption" need not be limited only to sound, as we have experienced in the past, but also lighting or other electronically generated aspects.

I wonder what they are planning for 2107?

Well this would make me happy...not that it matters to do that...finally somewhere to clearly score electronic bobbles and balance and sonority issues that are now "hidden' in other captions like M/E or GE etc...

Well this would make me happy...not that it matters to do that...finally somewhere to clearly score electronic bobbles and balance and sonority issues that are now "hidden' in other captions like M/E or GE etc...

I think he meant Bloo has a dedicated electronic caption guy, not DCI.
  • Like 1

The term "Electronics Caption" need not be limited only to sound, as we have experienced in the past, but also lighting or other electronically generated aspects.

I wonder what they are planning for 2107?

I don't know how DCI would judge this caption unless all the other WC corps participated. Which won't happen any time soon, if ever.

I would hope and expect that electronics would NOT be judged unless MM kids were doing it. It's not congruous with any aspect of the spirit of judging.

• Like 1

I don't know how DCI would judge this caption unless all the other WC corps participated. Which won't happen any time soon, if ever.

I would hope and expect that electronics would NOT be judged unless MM kids were doing it. It's not congruous with any aspect of the spirit of judging.

Agreed. Different levels of electronics based on cost, frequency used and then the "pre-recorded stuff".

Then perhaps we shouldn't have it at all then...if it's not congruous...

There is no question that Bluecoats' use of electronics is a huge part of their GE scores, and obviously electronics are not being managed in any way (as I understand it) by marching members. I don't know how fair it is to reward a corps for actual live show content "performed" by additional staffers, on the field, apart from marching members.

• Like 1

There is no question that Bluecoats' use of electronics is a huge part of their GE scores, and obviously electronics are not being managed in any way (as I understand it) by marching members. I don't know how fair it is to reward a corps for actual live show content "performed" by additional staffers, on the field, apart from marching members.

I think everything is being well managed in the Bloozone. I think we are in the years of Bloo domination. Everyone else BD, Crown are getting stale. Perhaps they perform at high levels, but the format is stale. Cadets are either two steps behind them or perhaps ahead in they are attempting to modernize. That we'll have to watch play out.

I think everything is being well managed in the Bloozone. I think we are in the years of Bloo domination. Everyone else BD, Crown are getting stale. Perhaps they perform at high levels, but the format is stale. Cadets are either two steps behind them or perhaps ahead in they are attempting to modernize. That we'll have to watch play out.

I can't fault them for working within the rules...I love what they do...but aren't captions now partial credit for what the adults do anyway?...and full credit when the kids execute it?...