Staff merri-go-round

Shhh your mouth. They like to use members of the LDS church. I'm thinking you should know that.

Sorry, I didn't know that was offensive! I freakin' love members of the LDS church. I don't share their faith but they're always so friendly and they are smart about saving food and I love families with lots of kids. One of my closest friends is on a mission to Washington State/Mexico right now. (Good luck Nick Jones.)

Battalion's membership is actually a lot more diverse than people were expecting...they lost the label of "the Mormon corps" pretty quick last season.

I was not aware! I live in Ohio and I'm like 3 years old so I didn't hear anything. I really like that corps in general... I see a bright future for them.

• Like 1

Sorry, I didn't know that was offensive! I freakin' love members of the LDS church. I don't share their faith but they're always so friendly and they are smart about saving food and I love families with lots of kids

It's not really offensive, but I was told that after arriving out here. The church encourage's them to stock pile what you might need to survive for up to two years. The church also wants young couples to have many children. They've had UT to themselves for generations and I sense they're brought up to associate mainly with their "own kind". That's why in the St. George area, many parents do not allow non LDS children to their child's birthday party, even though they may attend school and play sports together. Coming from other areas of the USA and other religions, you really notice it. Yes, most are polite, but don't expect many invitations to events. From Wikipedia on Utah demographics. "A majority of the state's residents are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). As of 2007, 60.7% of Utahns are counted as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, although only 41.6% of them are active members Though the LDS Church officially maintains a policy of neutrality in regards to political parties,[12] the church's doctrine has a strong regional influence on politics." With so many LDS politicians, the church can persuade the pols to see legislation their way.

Sorry for this post, but I can take the hits.

It's not really offensive, but I was told that after arriving out here. The church encourage's them to stock pile what you might need to survive for up to two years. The church also wants young couples to have many children. They've had UT to themselves for generations and I sense they're brought up to associate mainly with their "own kind". That's why in the St. George area, many parents do not allow non LDS children to their child's birthday party, even though they may attend school and play sports together. Coming from other areas of the USA and other religions, you really notice it. Yes, most are polite, but don't expect many invitations to events. From Wikipedia on Utah demographics. "A majority of the state's residents are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). As of 2007, 60.7% of Utahns are counted as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, although only 41.6% of them are active members Though the LDS Church officially maintains a policy of neutrality in regards to political parties,[12] the church's doctrine has a strong regional influence on politics." With so many LDS politicians, the church can persuade the pols to see legislation their way.

I'm a Mormon, and I can say a good chunk of what you've said is stereotype or "Utah Mormon culture" and not actual teachings of the LDS church :)

But I really do not want to start a religious/political debate on DCP of all places, so that is all I will say about the subject.

Drum corps, woo!

• Like 1

I hesitate to respond as I don't want to violate the DCP prohibition about religious discussion...I will just confirm what TroopAlum12 has said as true and leave it at that. I will not add anything to it.

Back to staff merri-go-round...

• Like 1

I have known Mormons before and have never ever gotten the sense that they only wanted to associate with their own kind. The people I have known were as friendly and welcoming as all get out. In fact, the Mormon family of one of my wife's students invited her to have her recitals at their church, and she did so for many years, never asking or knowing or caring what the religious beliefs were of all the other kids who participated.

• Like 2

Madison has announce Jay Fuentas as the new visual caption head, and Jack Pursifull as drill designer.

Jay has been in this role with BDB and I believe it's a good pickup.

Anyone know anything about Jack? I can't seem to find much info.

Madison has announce Jay Fuentas as the new visual caption head, and Jack Pursifull as drill designer.

Jay has been in this role with BDB and I believe it's a good pickup.

Anyone know anything about Jack? I can't seem to find much info.

Interesting. Jack has been writing my school's band drill and winterguard drill for as long as I can remember.

Interesting. Jack has been writing my school's band drill and winterguard drill for as long as I can remember.

Can you share some of his other experiences?

What is your band's name? Would youtube have a vid which would demonstrate his style ?

Edited by xandandl