Staff merri-go-round

So much for all of the hand wringing about the huge loss of the percussion team. I see a lot of familiar names in there.

• Like 1

I had a feeling that Jeff would be leaving Boston...A great educator and person IMO...it seemed a little awkward last season for Boston having a corps director/executive director with an apparent overlap of duties...

I had a feeling that Jeff would be leaving Boston...A great educator and person IMO...it seemed a little awkward last season for Boston having a corps director/executive director with an apparent overlap of duties...

Jeff was definitely one of the reasons in the "pro" column for Boston when we were evaluating where to send the boy in 2016. From my brief talks with him, he does things the right way.

Edited by Eleran

Jeff was definitely one of the reasons in the "pro" column for Boston when we were evaluating where to send the boy in 2016. From my brief talks with him, he does things the right way.

I honestly didn't go through all that analysis BITD...I was at a HS marching band show and just casually walked up to Boston't booth...saw the video on a VHS tape playing on the tv monitor and thought to myself...that seems cool...and I signed up...LOL

Edited by Liahona

He is filling in a pretty big void at SOA. Not a slam against them. Just growing pains due to the corps getting admin sorted out for professional operations. Seems like a great move.

• Like 1

I can't wait to HEAR Colts musically this coming season...with Marty McCartt as brass arranger...it is going to be a special season for them...Howard has made some good moves IMO...just like the wonderful work he did for Boston in the early 2000's...

Wasn't Andy Toth with Cavies last season?

He was not. After years as guard designer I believe he was promoted to artistic director in both 2014/2015. In 2016 Daniel Wiles excelled at that role while Blake Dutton was guard designer.

In 2016:

McGrath replaced Koter as program coordinator

Wiles replaced Toth as artistic director

Martin replaced Shanefield as brass arranger

Hinshaw replaced Rogers as drill designer

Dutton replaced Woodley as guard designer

Allen stayed as visual designer

Percussion stayed intact (McIntosh/Miller)

***all of the above renewed multi year contracts starting with the 2017 season.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

He was not. After years as guard designer I believe he was promoted to artistic director in both 2014/2015. In 2016 Daniel Wiles excelled at that role while Blake Dutton was guard designer.

In 2016:

McGrath replaced Koter as program coordinator

Wiles replaced Toth as artistic director

Martin replaced Shanefield as brass arranger

Hinshaw replaced Rogers as drill designer

Dutton replaced Woodley as guard designer

Allen stayed as visual designer

Percussion stayed intact (McIntosh/Miller)

***all of the above renewed multi year contracts starting with the 2017 season.

Well thank you!