2017 Boston Crusaders

22 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Don't mean to nit pick or anything.....but it's the 5th Super Bowl Trophy! :)

Yes!.. meant to type 5 ( not 4)

21 minutes ago, Ghost said:

(Pssssssssssssssstttttttt! 5.)  Only the Steelers have more with six.

I remember an old pair of Trivial Pursuit questions (or maybe it was on Jeopardy! on TV?) when I was in high school that asked which team had attended the Super Bowl four times and lost all of them and which had attended the Super Bowl four times and won all of them. Not a huge sports fan but those factoids stuck in my head. To little avail, given how much has changed.

Mike Woodall (BOD BAC) will on one of the duck boats today in Boston. (Pats Super Bowl Parade).

5 hours ago, emc2 said:

Mike Woodall (BOD BAC) will on one of the duck boats today in Boston. (Pats Super Bowl Parade).

As many know, Mike is the driving force behind the scenes for the corps and the BOD.  Putnam Investments owns a lot of seats/rooms at Gillette Stadium and was where the corps held their 75th Anniversary Gala in 2015.

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

As many know, Mike is the driving force behind the scenes for the corps and the BOD.  Putnam Investments owns a lot of seats/rooms at Gillette Stadium and was where the corps held their 75th Anniversary Gala in 2015.

I just find it amazing that their concert in the park makes them a couple hundred thousand each year form the financial district...that is an awesome feat IMO...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

BAC should have some Guard with Crownguard staff and so many of those kids following staff. Will be interesting to see.

7 hours ago, emc2 said:

Saw on ESPN Mike's Putnam Investment's flatbed in the Boston parade.. with Gronkowski, et al on it.

15 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Saw on ESPN Mike's Putnam Investment's flatbed in the Boston parade.. with Gronkowski, et al on it.

He has a picture with Gronk on his Facebook page, and he was live on FB throughout the parade. He is well connected and knows everyone (most of the people I know who know him are not connected to drum corps or Putnam Investments), but what amazes me is he always knows your name. A few years ago at a BAC show the line was longer at the pick up window than sales, Mike went into the ticket booth, grabbed the envelopes, and started handing tickets to people without asking a name, and in most cases he asked a question as he handed out the tickets. In more than a few cases some asked "How does he know me?" Knowing a name goes along way in good public relations which can only help with what he does for BAC.

• Like 1