2017 Boston Crusaders

10 hours ago, emc2 said:

Yes Great crowd there last night.  Nice to talk to B there as well.  All is well in BAC land.  You all will not be disappointed.  The kids are great and working hard.  G the props are great as always and fit the shows themes.  The 4hr drive back last night was interesting a lot of deer on the road i saw over 10.

Nice chatting with you there last nite as well, emc2.  Boston's Assistant Corps Director Ron Lambert did a terrific job last nite in MC'ing the 1st public field show performance of the 2017 Boston Crusaders. The audience was about 90-95% or so filled with non MB/ Drum Corps people. They were just nice people in this small N.E. College rural town out for the nite to see what the free concert was all about. Boston performed here last year at their ST camp completion, and word must have filtered out among the community that if you have not seen what these kids can do, come out and see. Well, they did, and the stands were pretty much full..... Ron explained  to the audience in a very engaging manner what the show would be about, what the music would be, and why it was chosen and what moods the show would be attempting to convey and the like. He explained to these mostly unfamilar with Drum Corps folks what this activity  of Drum Corps entails. The College's President and his Wife were present and seemed to be be enjoying the event and the tutelege. .. after the field performance, Boston took time to bring back some of their ensembles , battery, brass, guard etc to replay a portion of the show with that Corps section, and explained the moves they were doing in that segment of the show, and why.. Boston then had their encore songs played, and Ron explained the background to the songs... finally, Ron brought out the Guard around the semi circle to lock arms and explained what " Giant " was all about historically as a Corps song for the BAC Jrs/ Srs, and then had the Corps finish with that. When it was over, the lady sitting to the left of me told me what a " great show this was ", and how " the explanation of what Drum Corps, Boston Crusaders, the show, the instruction, etc is all about really was so interesting and so educational ". When I left the stadium I glanced over to the sovie stand and there was the Lady and her husband appearing to look like they were going to purchase some souvies along with others from the community....  it doesn't get much better than that, imo... haha!. In some small way,  the Boston Crusaders won over some new fans to this wonderful youth activity of ours. Once again, terrific job by Boston Crusaders Assistant Corps Director Ron Lambert in MC'ing the Castleton Vermont Community Performance last nite.. and great job by the performers in the Corps as their 2017 show is going to be epic this season, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Whether grey works better than red depends. If the show is about the Salem Witch Trials, Puritans tended to wear grey and black and darker colors, dying became popular in the 1700's, so it would be historically accurate. When you once taught middle school social studies and had to organize and chaperone field trips to the House of the Seven Gables and Plimoth Plantation (we got expelled from Plimoth Plantation, they didn't like groups from the inner city back then), you learn a thing or two. That being said, I like the traditional colors, but these uniforms look interesting. The guard uniforms for the women remind me a bit of "Titans." For me, great music, a well designed show, and an amazing guard with as little "hocus pocus" as possible are what I hope for, if the show has this, the uniforms, good or bad, will fade in the background. 

Ok thanks. I'm not trying to speak out of line and obviously don't know much about the show so thanks for some of the info. I'm just a big fan of Boston's traditional uniforms so that bothers me a bit but it's really about design nowadays so I'm sure that A team staff knows what they're doing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Nice chatting with you there last nite as well, emc2.  Boston's Assistant Corps Director Ron Lambert did a terrific job last nite in MC'ing the 1st public field show performance of the 2017 Boston Crusaders. The audience was about 90-95% or so filled with non MB/ Drum Corps people. They were just nice people in this small N.E. College rural town out for the nite to see what the free concert was all about. Boston performed here last year at their ST camp completion, and word must have filtered out among the community that if you have not seen what these kids can do, come out and see. Well, they did, and the stands were pretty much full..... Ron explained  to the audience in a very engaging manner what the show would be about, what the music would be, and why it was chosen and what moods the show would be attempting to convey and the like. He explained to these mostly unfamilar with Drum Corps folks what this activity  of Drum Corps entails. The College's President and his Wife were present and seemed to be be enjoying the event and the tutelege. .. after the field performance, Boston took time to bring back some of their ensembles , battery, brass, guard etc to replay a portion of the show with that Corps section, and explained the moves they were doing in that segment of the show, and why.. Boston then had their encore songs played, and Ron explained the background to the songs... finally, Ron brought out the Guard around the semi circle to lock arms and explained what " Giant " was all about historically as a Corps song for the BAC Jrs/ Srs, and then had the Corps finish with that. When it was over, the lady sitting to the left of me told me what a " great show this was ", and how " the explanation of what Drum Corps, Boston Crusaders, the show, the instruction, etc is all about really was so interesting and so educational ". When I left the stadium I glanced over to the sovie stand and there was the Lady and her husband appearing to look like they were going to purchase some souvies along with others from the ciommunity....  it doesn't get much better than that, imo... haha!. In some small way,  the Boston Crusaders won over some new fans to this wonderful youth activity of ours.. haha!.. Once again, terrific job by Boston Crusaders Assistant Corps Director Ron Lambert last nite !

I really like teaching events like this...of course to the REGULAR drum corps crowd ..people would probably be insulted...lol...this is also a bit like a clinic that many of the corps hold throughout the season...Awesome job Ron Lambert and BAC! :)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Ok thanks. I'm not trying to speak out of line and obviously don't know much about the show so thanks for some of the info. I'm just a big fan of Boston's traditional uniforms so that bothers me a bit but it's really about design nowadays so I'm sure that A team staff knows what they're doing. 

I love the more traditional BAC uniforms, and my guess is if you looked up my thoughts of the most recent now past uniforms when they debuted in 2014, I would have thought they needed more red. I also had a conniption when Cadets went black and thought Troopers may have gone to far last season but to my surprise liked the uniforms when I saw them up close and personal. Also styles change, nostalgia can set in, so five years from now, the rage may be to return to tradition. You never know....

• Like 1

I sure as hell am not a fan of the uniforms, but I'm very excited about seeing the actual production 

• Like 1

BAC off to Salem Witch Museum (By VT).  Later tonight at (5:00) Concert in the park in Boston.  (Posted on FB)  BFDTV will post concert after. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, emc2 said:

BAC off to Salem Witch Museum (By VT).  Later tonight at (5:00) Concert in the park in Boston.  (Posted on FB)  BFDTV will post concert after. 

Great send-off and history night, I hear.

Safe and great...tour well and WOW!!! Amazing start BAC!

• Like 1

I was hoping to see the corps tonight but In can't make it.   I can't wait to hear reports of tonight's performance.  I'm told the brass and percussion books are amazing and the horn line is louder than ever (except maybe BITD when intonation was ignored LOL).  Eat em up Boston.  See you tomorrow night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emc2 said:

Can't wait to hear the full music book!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I was hoping to see the corps tonight but In can't make it.   I can't wait to hear reports of tonight's performance.  I'm told the brass and percussion books are amazing and the horn line is louder than ever (except maybe BITD when intonation was ignored LOL).  Eat em up Boston.  See you tomorrow night.

I will be there at 7:00 tomorrow night.  See you then.