2017 Boston Crusaders

On 6/12/2017 at 5:28 PM, George Dixon said:

Well they certainly wannabe Crown 

Agree, and that's not a bad thing. Kudos to BAC for stepping out and challenging their own status quo.

• Like 1

So I think I'm in a small minority of people that are in love with these uniforms, but something that'll go relatively unnoticed is the awesome variance in the guard uniforms, which add a nice realistic flair to them, imo.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Narrow said:

HD shots of the uniforms. 

19055329_1461505313893407_58004525391343

19093094_1461506953893243_70592037500802

If it's been mentioned, I didn't catch it, but these pictures may have been taken on one of their props this year.  (Maybe emc2 is taking this years ST off from talking up the props.)

There are actually 8 different versions of the guard uniform...and yes, this is on one of the props.

10 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Me. Huge crowd of several hundred people in Castleton, Vermont earlier tonite.

Methinks you are going to be one happy BAC Alum with BAC this summer, NavyCrusader. Remember when you stood near me and we watched Boston in our group play in a standstill ensemble in Florida back in the winter ? We saw then the potential the 2017 Boston Crusaders might have.  . Find a way to get to one of their scheduled shows in Florida this summer. You will not be disappointed. I promise.

Yes Great crowd there last night.  Nice to talk to B there as well.  All is well in BAC land.  You all will not be disappointed.  The kids are great and working hard.  G the props are great as always and fit the shows themes.  The 4hr drive back last night was interesting a lot of deer on the road i saw over 10.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

So I think I'm in a small minority of people that are in love with these uniforms, but something that'll go relatively unnoticed is the awesome variance in the guard uniforms, which add a nice realistic flair to them, imo.

I am a BAC alum.  If anyone is going to take offense of these uniforms it would be folks like me who have donned the very ICONIC red and black uniform from this corps that I love.  I've held back my comments since the announcement on Monday, but have decided to make my feeling known publicly today...

Honestly...I hated my uniform BITD...not the colors or what it represented...but for the simple fact...the thing was falling apart at the seems literally during much of the run and gun drill we had to perform in 1990...we did not have the huge bibbers the corps have used in recent memory...we had suspenders to hold up our pants and many times not even the proper length pants for that matter...a bunch of us looked like we had for a better old term high waters...the staff had to sew extra material to my uni so I'd stop busting out of it...I was in fairly decent shape then...but not a skinny dude by no means...and the cummerbund was held together by bobby pins because the Velcro didn't seem to hold too well either....when you are expanding your diaphragm in shows it was very uncomfortable in those things....I am SO JEALOUS that the members have a costume/uniform that they can actually move in that is COMFORTABLE...oh and BTW...the material was NOT summer friendly back then either by any means!!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE!!!!

The costumes have a very modern twist on a period of the 1600's era when the puritan (NOT pilgrim) colonists who had left England seeking religious tolerance.

THE COLORS ARE PERFECT!

While Puritans have the reputation of dressing only in somber black, in reality their dress was colorful, if simple. Servants dressed all in blue, a color symbolizing servitude and heavenly grace. Black meant humility and was, like blue, inexpensive. Orange and red meant courage, brown symbolized humility, and yellow or green stood for renewal. These and other colors, if made with inexpensive dyes, were acceptable to Puritans.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE 2017 RENDITION OF THE BOSTON CRUSADERS!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Liahona said:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE!!!!

I’m shocked that you like them

Our uniforms were falling apart too, I think almost everyone’s were but we at least had pant pockets

That’s the problem with drum corps today, the marchers don’t have pant pockets

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cowtown said:

I’m shocked that you like them

Our uniforms were falling apart too, I think almost everyone’s were but we at least had pant pockets

That’s the problem with drum corps today, the marchers don’t have pant pockets

LOL pockets!  Ha ha ha.  I thought one of the problems with those old uniforms was the odor when wet.  Wet wool, yuk.  Or was it the scratchiness?  Maybe it was the poor fit or the incredible heat they retained on hot days.  Or the amount of safety pins in them or the overall poor fit.

I think there are three things that people are bothered by with Boston's new uniforms/costumes that may require viewing during a show from a different perspective than one you get in these photos.  I'm thinking we won't be this close to them when they are performing.  The items:  The looonngg sash/scarf or whatever it is.  The white chest piece of fabric and bare arms (if this is the brass & percussion) costume.  I'm not a big fan of bare arms as part of the look.  Other than that I can live with this and look forward to seeing it on the field.

16 hours ago, Narrow said:

HD shots of the uniforms. 

19055329_1461505313893407_58004525391343

19093094_1461506953893243_70592037500802

I almost think the traditional colors would have worked better. Is grey more wicked than red? I have concerns about the hanging scarf. I just see that as blowing around causing a sloppy look. Guard costuming with the right flag colors should work. (Not wanting to come off negative but I just love BAC traditional unis so much). Ultimately, it depends on how it all comes together on the field.