2017 Boston Crusaders

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

When did you read/hear this hype?

lol let's not start this again. No need to get defensive, there has been some hype (predictions of placing 5/6th, some predicting a top 3 guard, etc), but I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad thing, especially since the corps is definitely living up to it. 

12 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Utterly amazing. I honestly have them 5th right now (depending on Bluecoats). I've never seen hype pan out like this.

OK...I'm going to have fun with this.....CHOO CHOO :tounge2:

25462822.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Since their staff was announced. Some on here, some on Facebook, some in conversations with friends. There was a lot of hype around BAC this year. But, is it hype if it ends up being true. They are going to have a quite a season. They could conceivable jump from 12th to 5th (or perhaps higher), but I'd say 5th would likely be the highest. It's entirely possible.

Thanks for your observations.  My read is many of us who have bled red & black for decades have tried our darndest, especially after the hype put forth the previous two off seasons, to be low key about expectations.  After the big announcement of major staff changes with primarliy three corps, others have shown excitement and what the corps chances might be this year and the BAC followers felt that good things could happen over time.  With the release of the Everett, MA, video, some followers have posted their thoughts of what they think the corps could do this year.  But overall this off season, the majority have been quiet.   But, I might be reading the tea leafs the wrong way.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Thanks for your observations.  My read is many of us who have bled red & black for decades have tried our darndest, especially after the hype put forth the previous two off seasons, to be low key about expectations.  After the big announcement of major staff changes with primarliy three corps, others have shown excitement and what the corps chances might be this year and the BAC followers felt that good things could happen over time.  With the release of the Everett, MA, video, some followers have posted their thoughts of what they think the corps could do this year.  But overall this off season, the majority have been quiet.   

Sure, no problem. I don't think hype is exclusive to BAC. I had reservations, because I didn't think the mere acquisition of great staff could have such an impact in just one season. We saw Fiedler take time in Santa Clara, and Mason never quite get there in Madison. I said to friends and others up and down this whole off season that they were in for a rude awakening. I thought BAC would be better, but in no way thought they would be this much better. I am hugely impressed with what I've seen so far. They have a FANTASTIC design this year. That should give the members a great boost in moral, which should in turn make them that much more successful form a competitive standpoint. Going to be a great season for them, IMO.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Sure, no problem. I don't think hype is exclusive to BAC. I had reservations, because I didn't think the mere acquisition of great staff could have such an impact in just one season. We saw Fiedler take time in Santa Clara, and Mason never quite get there in Madison. I said to friends and others up and down this whole off season that they were in for a rude awakening. I thought BAC would be better, but in no way thought they would be this much better. I am hugely impressed with what I've seen so far. They have a FANTASTIC design this year. That should give the members a great boost in moral, which should in turn make them that much more successful form a competitive standpoint. Going to be a great season for them, IMO.

One thing that you may attribute to BAC's rapid improvement if you will, 57 returning brass players.

• Like 4

Got to see BAC's show up high last night in Lawrence.  Just outstanding.   The kids are working hard and are upbeat, as well as the staff. I have never seen  Boston this good at this time of the year.  They have a complete show with  plenty of room to grow and develop the show design  (Horns, drums, drill and guard).  Great talking to you last night B.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, emc2 said:

Got to see BAC's show up high last night in Lawrence.  Just outstanding.   The kids are working hard and are upbeat, as well as the staff. I have never seen  Boston this good at this time of the year.  They have a complete show with  plenty of room to grow and develop the show design  (Horns, drums, drill and guard).  Great talking to you last night B.

I'd concur with eveything emc2 just said here. Its no  longer " hype "  anymore to matter of factly state that this is more than likely the best Boston Crusaders Drum Corps on any June 20- 21st in their history... as thats what I ( and others ) am observing at the moment. We can't assess the coming weeks with any degree certainty, of course, as thats not in our domain. But we can certainly assess what we are observing at the moment... and so there it is. The sky is the limit here with this 2017 Boston Crusaders Corps/show..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

I think my favorite Boston Hype this year is watching Crown staff and fans lashing out over their loss of some key staff because you know, Star of Indiana. Yeah, that’s right, how’s it feel now, reap what you sow. :cheer:

Watching the feud of the staff swaps, shows me how Regiment and SCV earned their reputation for being ‘classy’.

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 1