2017 Boston Crusaders

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

You could be right, Jurassic Lancer. I know she marched Guardsmen in the mid 70's.. not sure what years though.

If I recall correctly, and this is a little fuzzier in my mind, but I think there were some family issues that prevented her from marching in '79, which would have been her age out year. (I may be confusing her story with someone else, but I think it was Terri).

• Like 1

Just saw the vid. 

Definitely hear the improvements in the brass.

guard looks strong, not sure Top 3 strong as some have mentioned.

overall better show design then last few years. Not really getting the wicked games vibe other then the voiceovers. Uniforms seem too bright given the subject matter. Not sure why you would switch from black and red to pastels and white.

Still don't feel it's a top 6 product though. Sorry everyone. From reading the comments on this board I thought I was going to be blown away, while it's a definite improvement, I unfortunately was not blown away. 

Seeing the Crown staff influence in the body work. Waaaaaaay too much of it. Would appreciate more drill, less dance to your dots and less squash the spider and eek a rat or whatever it's called.

still think a horn soloist would be just as, if not more effective then a vocalist.

Great building block for a first year staff. Thinking the 7-9 range depending on others. Corps should be proud. Looking forward to seeing them live.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Just saw the vid. 

Still don't feel it's a top 6 product though. Sorry everyone.  .

No apologies neccessary.... everyone's entitled to an opinion.... ( BAC was a 12th/13th place Corps 10 months ago.. lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No apologies neccessary.... everyone's entitled to an opinion.... ( BAC was a 12th/13th place Corps 10 months ago.. lol!)

Very Good Point!!!! They'll be no worries on wether or not they make finals that's for sure. BAC fans can rest easy this year lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Very Good Point!!!! They'll be no worries on wether or not they make finals that's for sure. BAC fans can rest easy this year lol. 

Ya, no more sweating bullets on THAT... haha!

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Ya, no more sweating bullets on THAT... haha!

Thank God, I can now sleep. BAC!:fight:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Just saw the vid. 

overall better show design then last few years. Not really getting the wicked games vibe other then the voiceovers. Uniforms seem too bright given the subject matter. Not sure why you would switch from black and red to pastels and white.

Still don't feel it's a top 6 product though. Sorry everyone. From reading the comments on this board I thought I was going to be blown away, while it's a definite improvement, I unfortunately was not blown away. 

Seeing the Crown staff influence in the body work. Waaaaaaay too much of it. Would appreciate more drill, less dance to your dots and less squash the spider and eek a rat or whatever it's called.

still think a horn soloist would be just as, if not more effective then a vocalist.

Great building block for a first year staff. Thinking the 7-9 range depending on others. Corps should be proud. Looking forward to seeing them live.

<rant>

There is no way to predict placement ceilings of any corps for the seasons end...nvrm on the rest

</rant>

I do agree about horn soloist as I've never been a fan of any singing in drum corps...but that's a personal bias against singing on my part...

Edited by Liahona

Just saw the vid. 

Appreciate your take.  Video can be deceiving.  No pastels in the palette.  Actually somewhat muted in some elements.  Yes lots of body work and lots to clean and unify.  Doesn't feel like a lot of rats and spiders lol. But seeing it live you come away understanding what a video doesn't show.  Lots of depth and early higher performance level than past few seasons.  Many past few seasons!

Regarding the "wicked" vibe, I wondered whether "wicked" is a bit of a play on words. Witches are accused of being wicked, but in the case of the Salem Witch Trials, what happened to them was wicked. Also, for those of us in the Boston area, wicked is an adjective mean really. Things in Boston are not really good, they're wicked good, or wicked exciting, or wicked cool. So I think wicked may refer to the theme but also anticipation of the season, hoping for wicked good scores or wicked high placements.