2017 Boston Crusaders

Boston’s show looks good. Can totality tell that they have Crown’s visual, even looks like they do that clump and run in a circle thing. Not sure how the lyrics in Wicked Game ballad plays into the entire thing other than the show title otherwise, the singing doesn’t do anything for me. Scythain Suite needs some help in the brass, they to use very similar body movement to Regiment 2006 at that hit. And I’m sure there is more to come for the burning at the stake, Pioneer set the bar really high for that last year.  Looks like a good show and that they are off to a good start.  Guard and visual is stronger than I thought, brass needs some work maybe even more music to play. 

2 hours ago, FTNK said:

Performers are great. Definitely a strong corps that will score well. 

I really dislike the show. It seems to be a number of FFF brass chords played standing still connected by voice-overs and flat singing.

i feel like they'll add musicality later

right now, FFFF is pretty much the best way to describe it whether they're moving or not

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

Not sure how the lyrics in Wicked Game ballad plays into the entire thing other than the show title

This.  I figured I was alone here since nobody responded when I brought it up, so I'll ask again - does anybody know if there's some sort of love themed sub-plot, if you will, that will be appearing in the show? 

3 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

This.  I figured I was alone here since nobody responded when I brought it up, so I'll ask again - does anybody know if there's some sort of love themed sub-plot, if you will, that will be appearing in the show? 

I kinda hope not... wouldn't really fit in with the music and dark theme imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

Seems like an obvious GE grab to burn their possessed keyboard player, wonder how much all that hype around her last year played into the show concept?

An inspiration for moonlight sonata perhaps?....haha

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

wow... just watched Boston's show... more than impressed. They have you interested from the get go. 

Utterly amazing. I honestly have them 5th right now (depending on Bluecoats). I've never seen hype pan out like this.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I've never seen hype pan out like this.

When did you read/hear this hype?  Recently or did it start a few months back?

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Just now, Ghost said:

When did you read/hear this hype?

Since their staff was announced. Some on here, some on Facebook, some in conversations with friends. There was a lot of hype around BAC this year. But, is it hype if it ends up being true. They are going to have a quite a season. They could conceivable jump from 12th to 5th (or perhaps higher), but I'd say 5th would likely be the highest. It's entirely possible.

• Like 1