2017 Boston Crusaders

21 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Apologies if this was covered earlier, but how did they create th smoke at the end?

3 hours ago, JKT90 said:

What is the smoke? 

1 hour ago, JKT90 said:

How does that happen? Dry ice? 

Did David Copperfield, Doug Henning, or Siegfried and Roy tell us how they did it? ...haha

That said, I read somewhere from a person that had BAC '17 in their profile...

"It's fog."

• Like 2

Like i said at the begin in VT outstanding never seen BAC or any other drum corp at that point in time ever a drum corps that clean and and show content.  OK look at placement  at this time  they are at above were they were at finals 2016.  No one else is close to were they are.

13 hours ago, Liahona said:

This review is HOT off the press from none other than DrumManTx...who saw Boston twice this week LIVE...I thought that I would share the FIRE and his passion here...What's not to like with this SMOKING review?... Lia

Boston Crusaders - I don't think I have a single negative thing to say about this show; I think this was my favorite of the week.  It's 12 minutes of perfectly spaced amazing moments and being sold by 150 incredible performers.  Musical construction as I've said before is amazing, the pacing, layering of voice overs into the music, use of voice in the texture of the brass in the ballad, and use of the front ensemble as a thread to weave together the whole show is just absolutely masterful.  Visually it's the same thing.  Your eye is guided so well to every single big event and moment and is sold by what I thought was easily one of the best guards on the field at both shows that I saw.  They grab you by the throat and do not let go for the whole show.  I was so blown away by them, the work and performance quality selling the characterization of this show is amazing.  The singer in the ballad, she looks and sounds like she's part of a high end theatrical production and her voice is incredible.  She sounds like she is singing with a purpose.  Brass and percussion are fantastic, the control and clarity in that opening statement from the brass is so tasteful, and the percussion throughout is text book McNutt/Moyer.  Those rim shots going into "Grohg" are so tasteful and their features in that section and the Ginastera are absolutely fantastic.  The usage of themes in the front ensemble throughout again is so good; I love how "Moonlight Sonata" kept finding its way back in throughout the show.  The ending........screw historical accuracy.  That is one of the most enthralling things I have ever experienced at a drum corps show.  The little addition of that smoke just puts the cherry on top, but that chord in the brass at the end..........WOW!  Had me on my feet well before the end at both shows; this is one of the most entertaining experiences I've had the pleasure of experiencing as a drum corps fan.  Finally, I love the fact they're not shying away from such dark material and selling it in a way that's appealing.  That's hard to do.  And as I told the souvenir lady in Belton, those members are kicking ###.  

Thanks L this what I saw back in VT and what i have viewed through out The past several weeks  Better and better.   Man it been a long time that i have seen a drum corp do this.

• Like 1

Y'all still want to debate BBQ? I got a great kick out of that. A Texan it seems was ready to set you Yankees straight! LOL not Yankees in a baseball sense at all. HATEM..... I do. 

But Texans / Kansas / Tennessee get real serious about BBQ. Where as in the south everything is PORK all the time. In the mean time it is CHICKEN. cooked anyway. LOL 

I remember a family invited me and a M8 along with other friends to their home for dinner 1987ish. It was New England food all the way. Roast with green beans and potatoes. We left there asking each other where the seasoning was?????? but it was so grateful and nice that they invited us in the first place. 

GO BAC! 

EATEM UP BOSTON

Kids and staff had their fantastic yearly Texas BBQ, in Texas, and  Lobster/steak and Clambake in New England..good for them and thanks to their generous providers. I hear their tour chef is the best, too.

Eat 'em Up in Dallas tonight. BAC!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Liahona said:

Did David Copperfield, Doug Henning, or Siegfried and Roy tell us how they did it? ...haha

That said, I read somewhere from a person that had BAC '17 in their profile...

"It's fog."

chips of borg, eye of newt, spleen of sparrow.

146383.jpg

• Like 1