2017 Boston Crusaders

38 minutes ago, jsd said:

Gino Scipriani...

Enough said.

Guess where his pedigree is from? 

How is this...  I LOVE Google :)

Gino Cipriani received his Bachelor of Music in Instrumental Education from the University of Mississippi and his Master of Science in Music Education from Towson University. Gino has served as a consultant to Marching Bands, Jazz Bands, Concert Bands as well as Drum and Bugle Corps across the United States, Japan, Thailand, England, Canada and Korea. In Korea, he had the pleasure of working with the Korean Armed Forces Bands in preparation of the World Cup Ceremonies in 2002. 

In addition, Gino serves as an adjudicator at marching band competitions throughout the United States. Gino spent ten years, 1990 through 1999, as a brass instructor for the sixteen-time World Champion Blue Devils Drum and Bugle Corps. At his time with the Blue Devils he was a part of winning the Jim Ott High Brass Award in 1991, 1994, 1997, 1998, and 1999.  In 2004, Gino held the brass caption head position for the six-time World Champion Santa Clara Vanguard Drum and Bugle Corps. From 2001 to 2004, he headed the brass section of the five-time DCA champion Syracuse Brigadiers. From 2007 to 2010 he took the position of Brass Caption Head for the DCA world champion Reading Buccaneers. Gino served as the Brass Caption Supervisor with The Cadets in 2000 and 2001 and from 2005 through 2016. During his time with the Cadets, he led the brass program to three DCI World Championship titles in 2000, 2005 and 2011. His brass section also received the Jim Ott High Brass Award in 2000, 2005 and 2015.

Currently, Gino works for Inspire Arts & Music as the Director of Music, which includes the role of Assistant Music Coordinator and Brass Caption Supervisor. He also holds the position of Associate Band Director at Gettysburg College in Gettysburg, PA.

• Like 5

BAC's battery in the lot this past Saturday at SA  :)     I'm not a drummer...but some of these bass drum beats are just sweet...

4 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

So, what would you do to make this show even better?

Continue to listen to the staff and continue to follow the plan.  Be patient, be focused.  Layer and clean, layer and clean, layer and  clean.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, jsd said:

Gino Scipriani...

Enough said.

Guess where his pedigree is from? 

I'm really not entirely sure why you decided to bring this Boston's Brass staffer's( misspelled name and all) " pedigree" into this thread. But since you asked, I believe Gino Cipriani originally was on the staff of the Blue Devils for 9 years. From 1990 to 1999.   Then he went to the  Cadets from 2000-2001, Syracuse Brigadiers from 2001-2004, Magic of Orlando from 2002-2003, SCV in 2004,  Cadets again in 2005-2016, Reading Buccaneers from 2006-2011, Cadets2 from 2012-2016. So I guess his initial " pedigree " is the Blue Devils..... followed up by several other Corps/ Marching Bands, etc. along his career path of doing great things for brass lines wherever he has taught.. But what this all has to do with his current work with the Boston Crusaders seems wholly irrelevant to anything, as near as I can tell. That said, I m sure the Boston Crusaders are pleased to have him on their educational staff for 2017 and hopefully they will have him on their educational staff for many more years to come.

Edited by BRASSO