2017 Boston Crusaders

These are Boston's 25 best scores ever (or at least in the DCI era; per CorpsReps).

How many entries will be displaced by 2017 scores?

1.  92.450 --- Aug. 9, 2002

2.  92.400 --- Aug. 10, 2002

3.  92.350 --- Aug. 13, 2000

4.  92.050 --- Aug. 11, 2000

5.  92.000 --- Aug. 8, 2003

6.  91.950 --- Aug. 8, 2002

7.  91.750 --- Aug. 2, 2002

8.  91.250 --- Aug. 6, 2004

9.  91.200 --- Aug. 7, 2009

10.  91.150 --- Aug. 1, 2002

11.  91.000 --- Aug. 4, 2002

12.  90.950 --- Aug. 3, 2002

--.   90.950 --- Aug. 9, 2003

--.   90.950 --- Aug. 8, 2010

15.  90.750 --- Aug. 10, 2000

16.  90.700 --- Aug. 8, 2009

17.  90.650 --- Aug. 2, 2009

--.   90.650 --- Aug. 13, 2011

19.  90.550 --- Aug. 3, 2009

20.  90.525 --- Aug. 7, 2004

21.  90.475 --- Aug. 5, 2004

22.  90.400 --- Aug. 10, 2013

23.  90.350 --- Aug. 6, 2009

--.   90.350 --- Aug. 12, 2011

25.  90.300 --- July 31, 2002

• Like 1

I don't know... All of them ?

Hey, why not ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

" Most people tell us they have their best dreams at night when they are fast asleep.

But for the very few, they tell us they have their very best dreams during the day, when they are wide awake. Oh what wondrous dreams these dreams are. "................. Anonymous.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Volunteering for Boston would be greatly appreciated and that appreciation is not limited to Boston.  ALL of these organizations rely on volunteers and with corps touring with such large members and staffs, many volunteers are sorely needed to help in so many areas.  I liken the task sharing to what is done on an aircraft carrier.  Although I did not serve on one,  I realized the crew of an aircraft carrier is huge and with many people doing small specific tasks, the tasks done are executed efficiently and effectively.

For a corps, it works the same way and helps reduce volunteer burnout.  Whether you volunteer for a season, partial season, off season or for a day, it is all appreciated.  Take tickets at their home show, be on gate control, help park cars and busses, sell 50/50 tickets.  Any skills you can offer?  Former members and other former corps members have help put equipment trucks and food trailers together.  They have electricians, carpenters, painters, computer savvy folks.  It goes on and on.  Anything, literally anything, helps.

And best of all, you might get to know the kids and they will amaze you.  One thing I always hear about Boston's MM's is "they are so nice" and I suspect this is true in all corps.  So meet the kids, staff and other volunteers and enjoy the summer of your life.  Next best thing to marching.  So don't be afraid, go ahead and ask.  The corps and you will be happy you did.

As a volunteer since '93, I can say the BAMs are awesome!  So are the male volunteers.  BAC welcomes everybody.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liahona said:

Boston cleaning their drill today...getting ready for tonight's performance :)

And didn't I read somewhere earlier that someone thinks they need fast drill?  Call me crazy,  but that is a fairly bright tempo there.  And I think there are other sections they are faster.  Maybe we are all somewhat desensitized to fast drill moves where fast doesn't seem fast so much.  Like rifles and sabers tossing 8's and 9's. Or lengthy triple tonguing passages.  It's no big deal these days.  Well,  for some.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

And didn't I read somewhere earlier that someone thinks they need fast drill?  Call me crazy,  but that is a fairly bright tempo there.  And I think there are other sections they are faster.  Maybe we are all somewhat desensitized to fast drill moves where fast doesn't seem fast so much.  Like rifles and sabers tossing 8's and 9's. Or lengthy triple tonguing passages.  It's no big deal these days.  Well,  for some.

Don't forget that most of these critiquers are basing their critiques off of video or views from far up in the stands. It's easy to be fooled into thinking a corps isn't moving very fast when viewed from that perspective. But crossing 20 yards in 4-5 seconds isn't a joke

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Don't forget that most of these critiquers are basing their critiques off of video or views from far up in the stands. It's easy to be fooled into thinking a corps isn't moving very fast when viewed from that perspective. But crossing 20 yards in 4-5 seconds isn't a joke

You are so right.  It's like watching hockey from the nosebleeds.  You don't realize how fast the skaters are moving.  Get down to ice level and it's a whole different story.  That little snippet had Boston moving about 180 bpm I believe.

• Like 2

DFogaD2XYAAlXGq.jpg

DFogaKBW0AAmxsT.jpg

DFogaD3WAAQQ3mN.jpg

DFogaKCXkAAuLxM.jpg

photos: 

• Like 4