2017 Boston Crusaders

40 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

So has it been discussed why Boston is skipping the ATL show this year? Any issues with Gino returning to his old HS?

Also from discussions in the last few pages it seems like the corps is keeping the show in tact until finals? I was hoping for a beefed up ending... Maybe just me... The corps sounds the best it has ever sounded in its history. The same for the guard and percussion,.. (Best Ever) but to me the show is lacking in Visual complexity and speed in the drill and I was hoping they'd make a mid-season push to remedy that once the hornline got the book under their hands.

I'm sure they will be adding more - as others will

I think the show is working very well for them and I'd expect a significant step up in visual complexity next season

They are almost "out performing" the show right now - the staff obviously has a ton of experience in maxing out a show, so I expect they will !

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You might not have "liked" it that much.    9c64482dae7b9e741f4af919a4b5c5c2--emoji- So far, I haven't received one message from anyone telling me "shhhh, it's being worked on so cool your jets."

I loved your proposal of adding " a medium " as a closer to the show.

As an aside, I always wondered about these Psychics/ Fortune Tellers we always see in these ramshackle like offices/homes along the roads across the Country. I sometimes think to myself.. " jeez, if you can predict the future, what the hell are you doing living/ working in that rundown shack ? ". Oh well, if you can make a legal buck performing a service that some people want, thats better than being on the dole. Anyway, not to get sidetracked.. I gave you a " like " today, because I like your thinking outside of the box today.

Edited by BRASSO

Boston is never finished with what they are currently doing.

EVAH !

• Like 2

You don't need to have fast drill to have a good show. I think Boston is fine 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You don't need to have fast drill to have a good show. I think Boston is fine 

did someone say they needed fast drill? I don't think the show calls for any fast drill at all

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

did someone say they needed fast drill? I don't think the show calls for any fast drill at all

Look at the previous page (p. 386). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

except if the wind shifts and the flames start coming your way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

So has it been discussed why Boston is skipping the ATL show this year? Any issues with Gino returning to his old HS?

@Glenn426 You make it sound as if it was Boston's choice to not come to Atlanta. Why the heck would they ever do that by choice? There was NOT enough room for buses and tractor trailers for ALL to safely be accommodated at Powder Springs, GA show. DCI (not Boston) made the decision to split up the shows in NOVEMBER where the lower placing corps from last season (2016) having to miss the regional location at Powder Springs on Saturday.

See DCI press release: http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211315065

“We are currently finalizing details with McEachern High School in Powder Springs, Georgia as the temporary home for the event on Saturday, July 29. This Atlanta-area lineup will be slightly abbreviated with the balance of corps headed to Winston-Salem for an enhanced Tour of Champions series event on Sunday, July 30."

6 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

I think it was a combo of there not being enough slots for everyone in Atlanta (a full slate in one day in Atlanta just sounds like a bad idea, in a "people-may-get-seriously-sick" sort of way), and BAC being on the slate for Charlotte the next night anyway. They aren't the only ones skipping ATL.

@ftwdrummer The corps are missing Saturdays show not by choice, but out of necessity and safety. The corps affected are Colts, Troopers, Madison Scouts, Mandarins, Crossmen, and Boston Crusaders.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Also from discussions in the last few pages it seems like the corps is keeping the show in tact until finals? I was hoping for a beefed up ending... Maybe just me... The corps sounds the best it has ever sounded in its history. The same for the guard and percussion,.. (Best Ever) but to me the show is lacking in Visual complexity and speed in the drill and I was hoping they'd make a mid-season push to remedy that once the hornline got the book under their hands.

Whether they make changes or not that is up to the designers at Boston and not any of the armchair critics that seem to always prevail on these forums that may or may not know what is planned or in-store for Boston...including some supposed insiders...all I will say is Boston will not disappoint you...buckle up for this ride...it is going to be a marvelous one indeed...

• Like 6

Some nice photos from this past week...

20286955_1506922429351695_17312354516851

20248513_1506923039351634_72561518587108

20247854_1506922942684977_80314617344424

20248100_1506922249351713_52448021750538

20247940_1506922609351677_31309893450417

• Like 2