Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, jonwoody said:

2010 gave us Little Jeffery yet 2011 gave us Angles so I am hoping 2017 will give us something special and exciting and not a Hee-Haw type of show.:lle: although a few cows and knee slapping music wouldn't be so bad... or would it???:crazy:

If this happened, the Cadets would have to take a couple of the 150 allowed mm to put them on pooper scooper duty.  Then GH might store the collection for cow pie bingo fundraisers.

1 hour ago, jonwoody said:

2010 gave us Little Jeffery yet 2011 gave us Angles so I am hoping 2017 will give us something special and exciting and not a Hee-Haw type of show.:lle: although a few cows and knee slapping music wouldn't be so bad... or would it???:crazy:

I have one word for you - BEEF!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If this happened, the Cadets would have to take a couple of the 150 allowed mm to put them on pooper scooper duty.  Then GH might store the collection for cow pie bingo fundraisers.

It would be good practice for when they get out into the real world. Who hasn't had to scoop the poop at one time or another.

All the talk about innovation is moot. The Cadets don't need to reinvent the wheel this season. Rather, they need to have an idea that can be read visually with ease, for music has not been the problem the past few seasons. It has been the visual package and the dated/clumsy themes. To be relevant, the Cadets need to have shows that appeal to a younger audience. It's that simple.

1 hour ago, wallace said:

All the talk about innovation is moot. The Cadets don't need to reinvent the wheel this season. Rather, they need to have an idea that can be read visually with ease, for music has not been the problem the past few seasons. It has been the visual package and the dated/clumsy themes. To be relevant, the Cadets need to have shows that appeal to a younger audience. It's that simple.

...and not shows dealing with politics, little Jeffrey and the spirit of America. 

4 hours ago, wallace said:

They need to have shows that appeal to the judges. Maybe there's not much difference. Although some judges aren't exactly younger. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

Hmmmmm...maybe they can find a transportation manager who is in VERY good shape!    :bored:

During a week of volunteering with Boston in 2012, I learned the Corps Transportation Mgr. had worked with the Cadets previously, then a year or so later went back to the Cadets.  (If my memory is correct.)  He was very good, knew the routes, and had very good drivers.  I got the impression it must be hard to get quality people willing to take a pay cut for a few months.