Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Can somebody explain to me the significance of the "Chaos" segment at the beginning of the show? I also like the placement of the windows much more now, they seem to serve more as a backdrop.

Life prior to organized religion. The words on the flag, the visual chaos, the crazy music and such from all over the place and then the coming together at the end of the piece. Each member is telling their own chaotic tale during the scatter, folks try to drag each other different directions, briefly gather on side 2 to form a cross etc etc. the voice all reflects this as you listen to the words spoken. Ends with the chime and the beginning of faithful calm and belief 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

The progresses in three parts, the faithful, the fallen, the forgiven. Corps transitions in that order. I don't think they'll play with windows. More of a pleasing backdrop and also where corps changes costumes. 

I'm thinking that in the finale they are learning the new window placement will come into play with flags being hidden etc 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Life prior to organized religion. The words on the flag, the visual chaos, the crazy music and such from all over the place and then the coming together at the end of the piece. Each member is telling their own chaotic tale during the scatter, folks try to drag each other different directions, briefly gather on side 2 to form a cross etc etc. the voice all reflects this as you listen to the words spoken. Ends with the chime and the beginning of faithful calm and belief 

Yes. Before organized religion, the world for the most part were pagans, druids. Lots of religious  doctrine we frown upon today were just trying to establish basic order in the populations otherwise we would be roaming piliging packs of wolves with cellphones.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tobias said:

Yes. Before organized religion, the world for the most part were pagans, druids. Lots of religious  doctrine we frown upon today we're just trying to establish basic order in the populations otherwise we would be roaming piliging packs of wolves with cellphones.

I'm on muzzlebook, give me a howl.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kkpjm16 said:

Indeed. We were there from 8 til 10 and were amazed. We came up the hill on the west side and noticed that there are images on the reverse of the stained glass panels...should be interesting as this show progresses! 

I saw them at the Premiere so I got a taste of what this show will become. Unfortunately, it will be another month before I see them again but it sounds like the program is progressing well and I expect to be blown away in Nashville! I am encouraged by the positive comments I've read on DCP (even from those who are less fond of the Cadets).

• Like 2