Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

totally awesome and breath taking .Can't wait for Clifton.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Oh Cadets. You are really making me eat my words aren't you? 

Oh they #### sure are trying lol.. How's it feel??:cheer::tounge2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

That's a pretty cool video. 

35 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

Oh they #### sure are trying lol.. How's it feel??:cheer::tounge2:

It feels like I have been deceived. I was supposed to NOT like their show. 

• Like 3

Ya know, I really hate being wrong, but I owe the Cadets and their fans an apology. I was really really wrong about their show this year. But that comes with a caveat. I was fully expecting this show to bomb in the worst way, both competitively and from the fans. But this seems to be shaping up into a very emotional show that certainly has it's moments (while it does have it's not so good moments, too, but it's June). I absolutely love their opener. 100%. That opening climax with the Simple Song motif is one of the biggest rushes of chills in the country this summer. I still don't like how the choir fits in, and I think that their retention in the top 6 is just as much due to other corps not stepping up to take that spot as it is due to Cadet performance, but I was certainly wrong about this show. Continue to impress me please, Cadets.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Ya know, I really hate being wrong, but I owe the Cadets and their fans an apology. I was really really wrong about their show this year. But that comes with a caveat. I was fully expecting this show to bomb in the worst way, both competitively and from the fans. But this seems to be shaping up into a very emotional show that certainly has it's moments (while it does have it's not so good moments, too, but it's June). I absolutely love their opener. 100%. That opening climax with the Simple Song motif is one of the biggest rushes of chills in the country this summer. I still don't like how the choir fits in, and I think that their retention in the top 6 is just as much due to other corps not stepping up to take that spot as it is due to Cadet performance, but I was certainly wrong about this show. Continue to impress me please, Cadets.

Glad you like the show. As you say, it is June so many things for them to tweak and layer in and work on. Can't wait to see the show later this season once the get the full show on the field and the basic adjustments in. As you say - a very good show which is already quite emotional. Reaction from the crowds has been great so far! 

• Like 2

I wish all of the choral parts where in Latin.  I know that is not how the original is, and I realize why they need parts in English to convey the story arc and stay true to Bernstein.

I just love the coral intro to part III with the trombone feature it is Bass ###!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

It feels like I have been deceived. I was supposed to NOT like their show. 

There's still time to lose you over.  Wait til they add the "when I was in church I didn't fit in" narration, the banner of Oprah as a nun, and "Little Jesus".

• Like 7

5 hours ago, cadet93 said:

I wish all of the choral parts where in Latin.  I know that is not how the original is, and I realize why they need parts in English to convey the story arc and stay true to Bernstein.

I just love the coral intro to part III with the trombone feature it is Bass ###!

This is a rebuilding year for Cadets and I think they want the show to be accessible to the audience foremost and that's what they're doing. (FWIW, 1992 was a rebuilding year and the staff/rookie corps just worked their ##### off and did very nicely), so I'm not containing them in any way but from a design standpoint, they want it clear, engaging and cleanable. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tobias said:

This is a rebuilding year for Cadets and I think they want the show to be accessible to the audience foremost and that's what they're doing. (FWIW, 1992 was a rebuilding year and the staff/rookie corps just worked their ##### off and did very nicely), so I'm not containing them in any way but from a design standpoint, they want it clear, engaging and cleanable

THIS is good advice for EVERY corps to follow. Even the podium regulars!

I'm hoping Cadets can bust the 74 or 75 mark tonight! A lighter line up of "top" corps might impact the score range... it's just important they start moving into the mid/upper 70s asap with the corps line ups they will see later this weekend and next week. Crown etc.