Cadets 2017

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

No offense but I think you're exaggerating like a drama queen (sorry Poppy) with this statement. One poster dissented and gave a bunch of BS pre-made excuses, but that hardly qualifies as getting "jumped all over."

It wasn't one poster. But regardless - I had just read the FB page and saw all that - then posted on Allentown thread (Crusaders not even there) and got a couple odd push backs and so I was probably overreacting to those in context. It's certainly not a big deal - but they are even posting negative on Reddit and on Cadets FB and on Hopkins FB and on live videos etc. I'm sure it is probably just a handful of folks doing it so I will just ignore it going forward

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

No offense but I think you're exaggerating like a drama queen (sorry Poppy) with this statement. One poster dissented and gave a bunch of BS pre-made excuses, but that hardly qualifies as getting "jumped all over."

Stephan and Ramon are Drama Queens I'm just a Queen. 

Just now, Poppycock said:

Stephan and Ramon are Drama Queens I'm just a Queen. 

don't let anyone pick on you Poppy - I've got your back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Go look at the BAC FB page. Cadets certainly come up a lot in the comments. It's rather weird. And then I put in the Allentown show thread "I hope they get a 74 or 75" tonight and I get jumped all over . It's just strange to root against a corps imo. Cadets and Boston are hardly "rivals" 

Facebook can be a pretty tough place on ALL Corps. Have you read both the DCP facebook sites ? . Holy mackeral... no Corps, Boston included, is free from the wrath on occasion on Facebook, George. Heck, Cadets are getting WAY more negative heat from within their own Cadets alum/fan ranks, than anything outsiders ( including Boston fans ) are saying about them. Thats my overall sense anyway.  Corps don't have " rivals " anymore, as marchers come from all over the world now, not just from territorial " turfs ". So I agree with you that Cadets and Boston are not " rivals ". That said, it goes without saying that neither Corps alums/ fans of either Boston or the Cadets want to lose to the other Corps. No surprise or revelation to that... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

If it means anything to you Cadet fans, as a BAC fan I'm still rooting for Cadets to beat Cavies and Crown.

Maybe it's just me but I try to avoid painting fans of one corps or another with broad strokes just to try and respect the ones that are positive and supportive. Even saying "some <insert corps> fans are <insert negative adjective>" is going to be taken as rude by someone. Treat negative nancies as the individuals they are is how I role.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Facebook can be a pretty tough place on ALL Corps. Have you read both the DCP facebook sites ? . Holy mackeral... 

no I actually never have. I agree with the "rivals" thing from a "cross regional" type thing is sort of dead

I sat in the BAC block at prelims in Indy this past year - they all thought Cadets got robbed! Great people.

1 minute ago, Narrow said:

If it means anything to you Cadet fans, as a BAC fan I'm still rooting for Cadets to beat Cavies and Crown.

Maybe it's just me but I try to avoid painting fans of one corps or another with broad strokes just to try and respect the ones that are positive and supportive. Even saying "some <insert corps> fans are <insert negative adjective>" is going to be taken as rude by someone. Treat negative nancies as the individuals they are is how I role.

No I totally agree. Well said.

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

no I actually never have. I agree with the "rivals" thing from a "cross regional" type thing is sort of dead

I sat in the BAC block at prelims in Indy this past year - they all thought Cadets got robbed! Great people.

Yes.. " great people " , the numbers of marchers, staffers that Boston has sent to the Cadets over the years runs into the several hundred. That does not happen if there is a lot of inherent animosity out there from Boston toward the Cadets. Like anything else, theres always someone in some Corps somewhere with an ax to grind. Every Corps in DCI will have a few of those in their ranks.. Boston & Cadets included.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes.. " great people " , the numbers of marchers, staffers that Boston has sent to the Cadets over the years runs into the several hundreds. That does not happen if there is a lot of inherent animosity out there from Boston toward the Cadets. Like anything else, theres always someone in some Corps with an ax to grind. Every Corps in DCI will have a few of those in their ranks.. Boston & Cadets included.

oh let's be honest - it's more than usual... I guess blood in the water.