Cadets 2017

11 hours ago, Tobias said:

This is a rebuilding year for Cadets and I think they want the show to be accessible to the audience foremost and that's what they're doing. (FWIW, 1992 was a rebuilding year and the staff/rookie corps just worked their ##### off and did very nicely), so I'm not containing them in any way but from a design standpoint, they want it clear, engaging and cleanable. 

Yep, I think Hop is really try to equate this year to '92.  Less talent, but a strong GE design that surges at the end......we will see.  Hornlines are definitely similar in many ways lol....in 93 there were many stories of how bad they were early, even judges comments.  It turned out to be one of my favorite Cadets shows, and why I marched there.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Yep, I think Hop is really try to equate this year to '92.  Less talent, but a strong GE design that surges at the end......we will see.  Hornlines are definitely similar in many ways lol....in 93 there were many stories of how bad they were early, even judges comments.  It turned out to be one of my favorite Cadets shows, and why I marched there.

Brass can be improved once the "getting to your dots" phase is over. The good thing is the GE/Guard should be stronger than it's been in a while and that's a huge boost. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Why are so many BAC fans seemingly rooting against Cadets? Don't write  a positive or hopeful comment about cadets in a show thread or they will pounce all over you :unsure:

Ha, that is pretty obvious, right.  They want their investment to pay off :whistle:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

I'm getting a 92 vibe.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Cadets are where it's at tonight because the Muncie show is a rainout. Hopefully they out up a number that we can fight about for a few days

I hope so. I want to see how much they've improved with all these rehearsal days. 

42 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

What " BAC fans " have " pounced all over a positive or hopeful comment on the Cadets show", George ? . I certainly have not seen that posted anywhere here on DCP.  Boston " fans/alums " are rooting for their Corps, would love to top those ahead of them, but there is no " rooting against the Cadets show" that I'm reading here on DCP  Most fans/ alums of Boston are not even on this Cadets thread ( mostly just me ).

Go look at the BAC FB page. Cadets certainly come up a lot in the comments. It's rather weird. And then I put in the Allentown show thread "I hope they get a 74 or 75" tonight and I get jumped all over . It's just strange to root against a corps imo. Cadets and Boston are hardly "rivals" 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

And then I put in the Allentown show thread "I hope they get a 74 or 75" tonight and I get jumped all over . 

No offense but I think you're exaggerating like a drama queen (sorry Poppy) with this statement. One poster dissented and gave a bunch of BS pre-made excuses, but that hardly qualifies as getting "jumped all over."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Go look at the BAC FB page. Cadets certainly come up a lot in the comments. It's rather weird.  

I'd say that many on the Boston FB do not visit DCP.  They could be alumni from decades ago who still want Boston to succeed and the heck with anyone else.  Many considered GH as a person with an ego, didn't like many of his proposals, G7, glad that some long time staff grew tired of him, and some may be jealous of the Cadets success.  Prior to DCI, Boston did quite well competing against Garfield.

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'd say that many on the Boston FB do not visit DCP.  They could be alumni from decades ago who still want Boston to succeed and the heck with anyone else.  Many considered GH as a person with an ego, didn't like many of his proposals, G7, glad that some long time staff grew tired of him, and some may be jealous of the Cadets success.  Prior to DCI, Boston did quite well competing against Garfield.

yeah I guess so. I'm probably just looking at it the wrong way. They are just excited

I'm also excited about Boston having a great season!

• Like 1