Cadets 2017

I see Cadets announced Bobby Jones (Reading) as the visual designer. Is that new? He did the visual design for the band I work with under the last band director.

What are this guy's credentials?

Not a lot of DCI stuff. Xmen a while ago and Surf (currently). But if you follow DCA at all , Reading Buccaneers (yeah the one that constantly wins) . And of course a zillion high schools.

Will be interesting to watch.

Guess we'll see how THIS goes.

I hear ya. FWIW I think he's a good fit for the design team that's there now. But there are far bigger challenges to that job than just writing good drill :ph34r:

Meanwhile Jeff S. walking was walking around the halls at Crown camp this weekend :colgate:

Designer for C2

Edited by George Dixon

confirmed :-) kind of hidden away in an article.

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1439-audition-weekend-recap

So is the visual designer the drill writer? So many roles added I can't keep track.

I like the add of Bobby Jones to the visual design team. His personality will flow well with Shanefield, Terry, Aungst and even color guard..

If I am not mistaken, besides his perennial championship corps (except last year) with Reading Buccaneers he has done a little DCI judging but certainly a lot of major marching band championships judging on East Coast and elsewhere, perhaps even a BOA stint or two. The man knows his stuff.

With almost 400 at camp this weekend to audition (and photo on website affirms this) Cadets are far from dead. FHNSAB