Cadets 2017

Hop said that the 2016 show was mainly about staging. According to Clash of the Corps, the show was a disaster for a good bit of the season. I'm not sure if Hop is going to have the Cadets do what they've always done (to much success) in terms of drill and such this coming season, or if he's going to continue using the method he used last year but try and develop it. Hop seemed really caught off guard by this change and you could tell he wasn't sure if the show would even work. Another thing that might play into this is the numerous amount of changes the show undertook. I'm not sure if that's what made the Cadets fall to 6th in finals this past year or not. I just noticed that this season.

I would bet my entire bank account that this was one of the primary causes.

I would bet my entire bank account that this was one of the primary causes.

Agreed. I think if the show they started the season with resembled the one at finals, it would've been easier to refine and develop. I still don't see it cracking into the top 3, but it could've challenged SCV and Cavies a bit more maybe.

• Like 1

Meh! Clash of the Corps was tame in respect to the constant changes that occurred in the 2016 show. The conflicts that arose were barely touched. The only drama was Victor having his "I'm a guard diva, and I need to reflect on my life" nonsense. I cringed every time he came on the screen.

The 2016 show came in sixth place for one reason. The design was a stinker. They made it the best they could, but even at finals. it was evident it was not competitive. It was never going to be competitive.

I look forward to 2017, but I, for one, will be happy to finally turn the page on 2016.

Meh! Clash of the Corps was tame in respect to the constant changes that occurred in the 2016 show. The conflicts that arose were barely touched. The only drama was Victor having his "I'm a guard diva, and I need to reflect on my life" nonsense. I cringed every time he came on the screen.

The 2016 show came in sixth place for one reason. The design was a stinker. They made it the best they could, but even at finals. it was evident it was not competitive. It was never going to be competitive.

I look forward to 2017, but I, for one, will be happy to finally turn the page on 2016.

Agree BUT, isn't it funny how one corps stinker is another's EPIC SUCCESS..lol

Glad to hear from several first hand sources that a number of key multi-year vets have remained true to the crew and have shown at camp to audition for Cadets '17.

Charlie, I mean Eleran, and Owen will surely have more info later even if Cadets office goes slower with postings.

FHNSAB

Glad to hear from several first hand sources that a number of key multi-year vets have remained true to the crew and have shown at camp to audition for Cadets '17.

Charlie, I mean Eleran, and Owen will surely have more info later even if Cadets office goes slower with postings.

FHNSAB

Yup - a good core of returning vets. So key to help the corps get off to a quicker start in 2017

FHNSAB

Well, no updates from Owen yet. But that is probably a good thing, since that generally means he's enjoying himself, which generally means he's happy with what he's hearing so far. We'll see.

266 Days to Championships.

There are many corps having auditions this weekend but they almost all seem to be following Bloo's '16 style of saying nothing. Several corps, including Cadets have their FB off line now for several days. Blue Stars tell about several hundred turning out. Surprisingly, it's Crown who gives a social site photo of a half filled auditorium.

But they are all staying rather quiet. Tekk may get his wish...

Edited by xandandl

I also would like to see Cadets keep show concept under wraps. Come out in June and surprise people (in a good way) like BITD.

• Like 1