Cadets 2017

Just clarifying.

How dare you do that!

I'm stepping out of my character and greeting any announcements from the Cadets with extreme skepticism.

I'll see what happens with my atttitude in June.

Although I seem to agree with him more, I'm not sure I like this new Tekk. I have a tendency to be known for a more cynical view on things and have always approached the Cadets' seasons with a large helping of skepticism (being an Eagles fan helps as well). But the optimism and positivity you had always put forth was appreciated and helped fill a void the die-hard fan-boy in me desperately needed....

When someone like you has resigned his optimism, it begins to lend credence to the worries and doubts I've had about the Cadets.

That makes the die-hard fan-boy in me sad. :(

• Like 1

I have called it like I saw it on Cadets' shows in the last few years, and I've gotten absolutely destroyed on here. Most of my analysis/prediction was pretty accurate. I am glad that some of the most invested Cadet supporters are treating the design staff and GH with a bit less blind faith than before. Cheerleading bad decisions gets nowhere.

Hoping posters in this thread this season can 1) be free to criticize and 2) not have to.

Don't disagree. They have been much more low key so far this off season, and I think that is smart

The membership at camp should learn some tidbits about the 2017 program - and I do think it will be greeted very enthusiastically. It is what it is...

Once something is announced / leaks out - I'll be interested in hearing what folks here think

G.

i think they've had to be. One is the tv show has shown what a cluster last year was in some regards, plus then you have all the staff deletions/additions making the interwebs go nuts.

and...I think Hop may have realized that sometimes too much early info begats almost inhuman expectations. I'm all for hype and info early since you get so little of it now, nut I think it put them in an almost no win situation.

case in point...when did we learn Bluecoats 2016 music? like what 2 days before the first show? And the theme/concept? the day of?

Although I seem to agree with him more, I'm not sure I like this new Tekk. I have a tendency to be known for a more cynical view on things and have always approached the Cadets' seasons with a large helping of skepticism (being an Eagles fan helps as well). But the optimism and positivity you had always put forth was appreciated and helped fill a void the die-hard fan-boy in me desperately needed....

When someone like you has resigned his optimism, it begins to lend credence to the worries and doubts I've had about the Cadets.

That makes the die-hard fan-boy in me sad. :(

Well, just to be clear, I will be skeptical about Cadets this year (call it my "holding them to a higher standard"), but I will absolutely not come on here to bash them at every chance I get whenever there is something in their show I do not like; nor will I bring up "old news" from prior years and inject it into the current year as an excuse as to why I could potentially not like their show. But I think after last year, this is the route I need to take moving forward to ensure that I am either not disappointed or that I am pleasantly surprised (hopefully it is the latter for this upcoming season).

• Like 3

Well, just to be clear, I will be skeptical about Cadets this year (call it my "holding them to a higher standard"), but I will absolutely not come on here to bash them at every chance I get whenever there is something in their show I do not like; nor will I bring up "old news" from prior years and inject it into the current year as an excuse as to why I could potentially not like their show. But I think after last year, this is the route I need to take moving forward to ensure that I am either not disappointed or that I am pleasantly surprised (hopefully it is the latter for this upcoming season).

We will all have good lives in this new Tekkrocracy.

Ruffles and flourishes please.